via press note:
Ratings update for Cartoon Network:
Last Monday night (June 21), Cartoon Network presented the much-anticipated third series premiere from its Total Drama franchise, TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR (9 p.m.). The half-hour animated “reality” series highlighted a full evening of original comedy prime time programming that included new episodes of the network’s current hits, ADVENTURE TIME (8 p.m.), FLAPJACK (8:30 p.m.) and 6TEEN (9:30 p.m.).
In addition to helping Cartoon Network win Total Day overall among boys 6-11 (384,000/3.1 rating) and boys 9-14 (301,000/2.4 rating), TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR’s premiere highlights include the following claims:
- #1 telecast of the night on ALL TV among boys 6-11 (762,000/6.1 rating), boys 9-14 (699,000/5.6 rating) and kids 9-14 (957,000/3.9 rating)
- #1 telecast in its timeslot on ALL TV among kids 6-11 (1,080,000/4.4 rating) and kids 2-11 (1,332,000/3.2 rating)
- Most-watched Cartoon Network telecast so far this year among kids 9-14
- Attracted 2.2 million overall viewers 2+
- Third most-watched Cartoon Network telecast to date in 2010 among kids 6-11—behind premiere of ADVENTURE TIME (April 5) and season finale of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (April 30)
Additionally, ADVENTURE TIME, FLAPJACK and 6TEEN (9:30 p.m.) each ranked # 1 in their timeslots vs. all TV with boys 6-11 and boys 9-14, scoring double-digit ratings and delivery gains across the board vs. the previous year’s same time period:
- Kids 6-11 delivery (926,000) increased by 76%, and ratings (3.8) by 73%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,193,000) increased by 80%, and ratings (2.9) by 81%
- Kids 9-14 delivery (738,000) increased by 70%, and ratings (3.0) by 67%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (696,000) increased by 71%, and ratings (5.5) by 67%
- Boys 9-14 delivery (557,000) and ratings (4.5) both increased by 67%
- Kids 6-11 delivery (874,000) increased by 22%, and ratings (3.6) by 24%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,094,000) increased by 26%, and ratings (2.7) by 29%
- Kids 9-14 delivery (693,000) increased by 20%, and ratings (2.8) by 17%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (622,000) and ratings (5.0) both increased by 14%
- Boys 9-14 delivery (524,000) increased by 13%, and ratings (4.2) by 14%
- Kids 6-11 delivery (695,000) increased by 76%, and ratings (2.8) by 75%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (883,000) and ratings (2.1) both increased by 75%
- Kids 9-14 delivery (586,000) increased by 91%, and ratings (2.4) by 85%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (525,000) and ratings (4.2) both increased by 75%
- Boys 9-14 delivery (446,000) increased by 78%, and ratings (3.6) by 80%
About TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR:
From the creators of Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action, Cartoon Network brings Total Drama World Tour! All the best moments of reality TV shows are back with exciting larger-than-life elimination competition; stomach curdling challenges; scheming and sabotage; death-defying stunts; romances and friendships. In this season, 17 lucky contestants are in for one more round of drama—and this time, it’s WORLDWIDE! That’s right, we’re taking the drama global. They’ll be tortured by Chris and Chef, battle it out in outrageous challenges set around the globe and sing and dance at random, all for their chance at a million-dollar prize…and in the end, only one will emerge victorious in the most dramatic finish in Total Drama history.
Tom McGillis is an executive producer, writer and series creator and Jennifer Pertsch is a story editor, writer, and series creator of the ‘Total Drama’ franchise. In 2003, Tom and partner Jennifer combined their talents to form Fresh TV Inc., a Toronto-based company specializing in the creation and production of children’s and family television entertainment. Current Fresh productions include the ‘Total Drama’ franchise, now in production of its fourth season seen on Teletoon. ‘Stoked’, Fresh’s latest animated series about six teens spending their summer working at a surf resort and the live action feature, ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire’.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for youth and families. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults 18-34. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.