via press note:
With DWTS and Castle, ABC dominated its 2nd straight Monday of the May Sweep, more than doubling runner-up CBS in Total Viewers and beating Fox by 65% in Adults 18-49. In fact the Net beat its rivals in all 6 half-hours of the night in viewers and young adults. ABC qualified as Monday’s most-watched TV network for the 9th week running and took first place on the evening in Adults 18-49 for the 8th time in 9 weeks.
- For the 2nd Monday in a row, ABC delivered improved year-to-year May Sweep results, gaining 1.2 million viewers and 9% with young adults over the same night last year.
ABC’s Dancing with the Stars topped each of its half-hours in viewers and young adults to rank #1 in its time slot for the 8th week running. The ABC dancing performance show once again registered as Monday’s #1 TV show in Total Viewers (8th week in a row) and Adults 18-49 (7th time in 8 telecasts).
- DWTS grew over the same night last year by 1.0 million viewers, while holding 100% of its Adults 18-49 audience.
- On average, Season 12 of DWTS is gaining over the same point in Season 11 by 1.1 million viewers and by 7% in Adults 18-49, qualifying as the franchise’s most-watched-ever season overall.
ABC’s Castle stood as the #1 series in the 10 o’clock hour, beating CBS’ original Hawaii Five-0 by its biggest-ever margins in Total Viewers (+3.4 million viewers) and Adults 18-49 (+35%), as the ABC drama led in their 4th consecutive head-to-head original matchup. In addition, on both counts, Castle was the #1 TV series in its time period for 6th time in its past 7 first-run broadcasts.
- For its 6th consecutive original airing, ABC’s Castle stood as Monday’s most-watched scripted program. It was also the night’s #1 scripted series in Adults 18-49 for the 2nd week running, outdelivering Fox’s original House.
- Building over the prior week by in viewers (+4%) and young adults (+7%), Castle posted its strongest numbers since March – since 3/28/11.
- The ABC drama surged from the year-ago night by 1.7 million viewers and 24% in Adults 18-49. On average, ABC’s Castle is enjoying its biggest season ever, building on its performance at the same point last year in both Total Viewers (+7%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%).