via press release:
CBS Offers Video and Audio Programming for the iPad
NEW YORK, April 2 — CBS is offering programming from across its leading content properties for the highly anticipated launch of the Apple iPad on April 3, the company announced today. Consumers will be able to watch streaming video content from hit CBS television shows and CBS.com technology content from CNET.com; they can also download iPad applications from Simon & Schuster, and a customized audio application from CBS Radio.
“It was important for us to have content available for the iPad at launch, and it will be important to continue to develop new content as the device goes mainstream,” said Neil Ashe, President, CBS Interactive. “Doing so is consistent with CBS’s larger strategy to put our content on the best available screen, with the best available business model. We look forward to improving and expanding our offerings for the iPad in the months to come.”
Content that will be available on the iPad from CBS includes:
* Clips from hit CBS shows across daytime, primetime and late night, including YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, TWO AND A HALF MEN, NCIS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, UNDERCOVER BOSS, THE GOOD WIFE, THE LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, as well as the most recent full episodes of SURVIVOR currently available on CBS.com.
* A wide variety of CNET video available on CNET TV that covers technology news, reviews and how-to, including popular shows such as LOADED, THE BUZZ REPORT, APPLE BYTE, CNET CONVERSATIONS, PRIZE FIGHT and FIRST LOOK REVIEWS of hundreds of technology products — from smart phones, cell phones and TVs to MP3 players, desktops, laptops and more.
* A new custom Radio.com App that brings together best-in-class programming from CBS RADIO and streaming partners such as Yahoo! Music, among others, along with Last.fm’s scrobbling technology, artist pages, photo galleries, charts, and event listings backed by a community topping more than 40 million monthly users. Making it easier than ever for music, sports and news fans to immerse themselves in their mobile media experience, users will be able to intimately interact with over 550 professionally programmed music stations and at least three dozen news, talk and sports stations from across the nation.
* The library of more than the 7,000 eBook titles from Simon & Schuster, which will be sold through the iBooks store, including current New York Times bestselling titles such as HOUSE RULES by Jodi Picoult, LITTLE BEE by Chris Cleave, COURAGE AND CONSEQUENCE by Karl Rove, WOMEN FOOD AND GOD by Geneen Roth and DARK VISIONS by L.J. Smith.
* In addition, Simon & Schuster iPhone apps will be immediately available on the iPad, including the popular 365 CROSSWORDS ($4.99); BRO 2GO ($2.99, based on the bestselling book THE BRO CODE based on the hit show “How I Met Your Mother”); the recently released JODI PICOULT app ($0.99); and the PIMSLEUR: 2GO language series ($5.99, available in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Russian).
Furthermore, the CBS library on iTunes will also be available to iPad users. CBS content available in the iTunes library for purchase includes full-length episodes of popular shows such as NCIS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CRIMINAL MINDS, MEDIUM, SURVIVOR and many more.