via press release:
DISNEY’S “THE 7D,” A CONTEMPORARY, COMEDIC TAKE ON THE SEVEN DWARFS, TO PREMIERE MONDAY, JULY 7 ON DISNEY 😄
— Jay Leno and Whoopi Goldberg Join Voice Cast in Recurring Roles —
— Disney Publishing Worldwide to Release “The 7D Mine Train” App —
Disney’s “The 7D,” a contemporary, comedic take on the world of the Seven Dwarfs, will premiere MONDAY, JULY 7 (10:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney 😄 and will debut on Disney Channel and Disney Junior later this year. Joining the voice cast are Jay Leno and Whoopi Goldberg in the recurring roles of Crystal Ball and Magic Mirror, respectively. The series’ previously announced voice cast includes Kelly Osbourne as the comically evil villain Hildy Gloom.
This June, Disney Publishing Worldwide will release “The 7D Mine Train” app, a side-scrolling adventure that introduces users to the re-imagined Seven Dwarfs and allows them to choose one of the characters to pilot a mine cart through a variety of Jollywood locales including the 7D’s mine, the Gloom’s Grotto and the Queen’s Treasure Room, collecting gems along the way.
Set in the contemporary storybook world of Jollywood, “The 7D” follows brave little heroes Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy and Doc as they work together to maintain order in the kingdom. Standing in their way are Grim and Hildy Gloom, a novice warlock and witch couple, who haplessly plot to dethrone the Queen and take over Jollywood.
In the premiere episode, “Long, Long Winter/Itsy Bitsy Spider Fighters,” the 7D rescue the villagers of Jollywood from an eternal winter spell that the Glooms have cast on the kingdom and help Queen Delightful rid the castle of a pesky spider.
The multiplatform schedule includes the following:
Tuesday, June 17
- DisneyXD.com/7D will launch with a game where players can construct their own mine cart ride through the 7D’s mine.
Monday, June 23
- The premiere episode of “The 7D” will be available as a Free Preview on iTunes.
Monday, July 7 (10:00 a.m., ET/PT)
- Television premiere of “The 7D” on Disney 😄 (10:00 a.m., ET/PT) with simulcast available to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney 😄 app for smartphones and tablets; WATCH Disney 😄 releases seven 11-minute episodes for verified users.
- Disney Photo Finish app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch will introduce two new 7D-themed packs, “Starring Role” and stickers, which will allow users to customize their personal photos with 7D-themed artwork, specialty frames and filters to become one of the 7D in Jollywood.
Tuesday, July 8
- Premiere episode of “The 7D” will become available for download on iTunes, Xbox, Amazon and Google Play. New episodes will continue to be available on these platforms the day after their linear premiere.