via press release:
E!’S “LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: THE 2011 ACADEMY AWARDS” DRAWS NEARLY FOUR MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS SCORING THE MOST-WATCHED “LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET” IN THE NETWORK’S HISTORY
· E!’s Live from the Red Carpet: The 2011 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27th scored the most-watched LRC in the network’s history from 6pm-8pm EST hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic, drawing in nearly 4 million Total Viewers, out-performing last year’s delivery by +9%. This places LRC: The 2011 Academy Awards as one of E!’s Top 10 most-watched telecasts ever.
· LRC: The 2011 Academy Awards posted impressive numbers across all key measures, garnering a 2.76 Household and 1.81 Adult 18-49 rating as it nearly tripled the prior four week time period while also exceeding the network’s Primetime delivery.
· Additionally, LRC: The 2011 Academy Awards registered notable gains among a younger audience compared to last year’s show, up +8% with Adults 18-34 (1.83 rtg.) and +13% with Women 18-34 (2.66 rtg.) while also more than doubling the prior four week time period with both demos.
· LRC produced appointment viewing numbers as it nearly quadrupled its Countdown lead-in and built an additional +43% from start to finish while also peaking at a 3.33 Household rating.
· Leading into LRC, E!’s four-hour Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2011 Academy Awards from 2pm-6pm EST drew a .74 Household rating and attracted approximately 900,000 Total Viewers, climbing nearly +60% with both measures over the prior four week time period while increasing +14% and +19% respectively over last year’s Countdown coverage. Countdown steadily built its audience leading up to LRC as its quarter hour performance doubled from start to finish.
· The E! After Party: The 2011 Academy Awards from 11:50pm-1:30am EST drew a .68 Household rating and averaged nearly 825,000 Total Viewers, posting double digit gains over the prior four week time period of +13% and +22% respectively.
Ryan Seacrest and Michael Levitt serve as Executive Producers for Live from the Red Carpet: The 2011 Academy Awards. E!’s Red Carpet coverage is a Ryan Seacrest Production.
*Source Nielsen Media Research, Fast Nationals, Sunday, 02/27/11 vs. Year Ago Performance on Sunday, 03/07/10; Prior 4-Week Time Period (01/24/11-02/20/11), Primetime based on 1Q’11 to date (12/27/10-02/24/11, Mon-Sun, 6pm-12am); E! After Party based on 11:50pm-1:30am