via press release:
FROM JAMES BOND TO MEGA SHARK, SYFY CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH 34 MOVIES DURING THE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND, NOVEMBER 26-29
Marathon Features Syfy Original Movie Beyond Sherwood Forest, Starring Robin Dunne (Sanctuary) and Premiering Saturday, November 28, at 9PM (ET/PT)
New York, NY – November 18, 2009 – Syfy celebrates the Thanksgiving holiday weekend with a four-day, 34-movie marathon showcasing the world premiere of the Syfy Original Movie Beyond Sherwood Forest (starring Sanctuary’s Robin Dunne); 16 James Bond flicks and creature features like Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.
In Beyond Sherwood Forest, premiering Saturday, November 28, at 9PM (ET/PT), the evil Sheriff of Nottingham (Julian Sands/Warlock) uses a young woman — cursed to live in the form of a dragon — to hunt down and destroy young Robin Hood (Dunne).
The curtain goes up on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, at 8AM (ET/PT) with the first ever 007 movie, Dr. No. Seven more Bond films air that day, including the network premiere of Casino Royale at 9PM (ET/PT), which introduced Daniel Craig into the franchise.
Syfy’s Bondfest continues Friday, November 27, with eight more films, beginning at 8AM (ET/PT) with Thunderball and ending with Never Say Never Again at 2:30AM (ET/PT), both starring Sean Connery.
Running Saturday, November 28, and Sunday, November 29, from 9AM (ET/PT) through 3AM (ET/PT) both days, the weekend creature feature movie festival is highlighted by genre favorites such as Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, Lake Placid 2, Cyclops and Anaconda 3.
Online, DVICE is offering 12 days of gift guides for holiday shopping from Monday, November 23 through Friday, December 11:
- Monday, November 23: Tech gifts that will never go obsolete
- Tuesday, November 24: Here’s what billionaires are giving each other
- Wednesday, November 25: 10 other e-readers you should consider before giving a Kindle
- Friday, November 27: Most offensive gadget gifts
- Monday, November 30: Do not give these gadgets to your girlfriend
- Tuesday, December 1: Best sci-fi gadgets of the holiday season
- Wednesday, December 2: The DVICE guide to buying a TV this holiday
- Friday, December 4: Tech toys you can’t buy in America
- Monday, December 7: Best steampunk gifts
- Tuesday, December 8: What we’d be giving each other in a retro ’50s vision of the future
- Wednesday, December 9: Gifts that will save the planet
- Friday, December 11: Tech gifts you’ll have to wait until next year to buy
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)