via press release:
Discovery Channel’s GOLD RUSH was the #1 program in ALL OF TELEVISION on Friday night among Persons and Men 25/18-49 ratings & delivery
GOLD RUSH and FLYING WILD ALASKA had their highest rated episodes of ALL TIME
Discovery Channel out-delivered EVERY NETWORK IN TELEVISION (including ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) among Men 25-54/18-49
· Discovery was #1 in all of television Friday night, December 16th, beating all of broadcast including ABC, CBS FOX and NBC among Men (M25-54/M18-49 ratings and delivery).
- Discovery Channel’s primetime line-up on Friday night, featuring an all-new premiere of GOLD RUSH “On the Gold” and an all-new premiere of FLYING WILD ALASKA “Top of the World,” as well as an encore telecast of last week’s GOLD RUSH “Gold at Last” finished as the #1, #2 and #3 non-sports cable programs among M25-54 ratings and delivery on Friday night. Discovery Channel was also the #1 cable network Friday night among Persons and Men 25-54 / 18-49 /18-34 ratings and delivery (#2 among W25-54).
‘GOLD RUSH’ HIGHLIGHTS
- The December 16th episode 8 of GOLDRUSH was the #1 program in all of television during primetime (no exclusions) among Person and Men 25-54/18-49 ratings and delivery, beating out all broadcast and cable programs.
- This week’s premiere telecast, “On the Gold,” earned a 3.71 HH / 2.80 P25-54 AA% and was watched by an average of 5.38 million people (P2+).
- “On theGold” was highest-rated premiere telecast among P25-54 (2.80 AA%) in the history of the series. This week, the seriesachieved its highest-rated individual telecast ever among HH, P2+, P18+, P/M/W25-54, P/M/W18-49 and P/M/W18-34.
- Since its second season premiere on October 28, GOLD RUSH has been the top program in several key demos;this week it finished as the #1 cable program (no exclusions) among HH, P2+, P18+, Persons/Men/Women 25-54, Persons/Men 18-49 and Persons/Men 18-34 ratings and delivery.
- This week’s telecast ranks #14 (among Men 25-54 delivery) out of the more than 20,000 telecasts aired in the history of Discovery Channel.
‘FLYING WILD ALASKA’ HIGHLIGHTS
- The 10PM premiere telecast of FLYING WILD ALASKA, “Top of the World,” earned a 1.81 HH / 1.17 P25-54 AA%,delivering an average of 2.51 million viewers (P2+).
- This telecast was the highest-rated in the history of the series among P/W25-54 and P/W18-49.
- “Top of the World” was the #2 non-sports cable program among P/M25-54 ratings and delivery, on Friday night.
Source: NHI. Live+SD AA(000)