via press release:
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/15/12 (Week #4):
Based on Live + 7 Day ratings, ABC’s Modern Family emerged as TV’s #1 series of the week in Adults 18-49 (7.0 rating), leapfrogging over CBS’ The Big Bang Theory (6.8), NBC’s Sunday Night Football (6.7) and NBC’s The Voice (5.7). Initially in the Live + Same Day statistics, Modern Family ranked as TV’s #6 show of the week in the young adult demo, behind all three programs.
- Based on Nielsen’s DVR playback data for the week, Modern Family registered as the biggest actual gainer in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, adding on +4.34 million viewers and +2.3 rating points to its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers.
- Standing as the biggest percentage gainer for any new series during the week, ABC’s freshman Nashville saw its Adult 18-49 number jump an impressive 65% this week (up from a 50% increase for its debut telecast), growing from a 2.0 to a 3.3 rating in its second telecast. The new ABC drama topped the DVR gains of NBC’s competing rookie drama in Wednesday’s 10 o’clock hour (Chicago Fire) and NBC’s Revolution.
- Among Adults 18-49, ABC delivered 5 of the Top 10 biggest gainers, with each show adding on at least +1.2 rating points over their first-reported Live + Same Day numbers: Modern Family (+2.3 rating – 4.7 to 7.0), Grey’s Anatomy (+1.8 rating – 3.4 to 5.2), Once Upon a Time (+1.5 rating – 3.3 to 4.8), Nashville (+1.3 rating – 2.0 to 3.3) and Revenge (+1.2 rating – 2.8 to 4.0).
- ABC had 8 shows gain more than 2.00 million viewers from their initially reported totals via time-shifted viewing: Modern Family (+4.34 million), Grey’s Anatomy (+3.70 million), Castle (+3.62 million), Once Upon a Time (+3.12 million), Nashville (+3.09 million).Revenge (+2.88 million), Scandal (+2.42 million) and Last Resort (+2.10 million).
Please note: ABC’s Private Practice was pre-empted during the week for the Presidential debate.
Season-to-Date DVR Playback (9/24/12-10/21/12):
On average for the 2012-13 season to date, ABC’s Modern Family is the season’s biggest gainer via DVR playback among Adults 18-49, picking up +2.2 rating points. ABC’s Nashville adds on +1.3 rating points over its Live + Same Day number, standing as the season’s #2 new show in DVR gains.
- With Modern Family (7.2 rating) and Grey’s Anatomy (5.6), ABC claims this season’s #1 scripted series/comedy and #1 broadcast drama, respectively, in the key young adult demo.