via press release:
LIGA MX CLAUSURA FINAL ON UNIMÁS NETWORK REACHES 4.7 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
- UniMás’ broadcast of the Liga MX Clausura 2014 final between Pachuca and Leon reached 4.7 million Total Viewers who tuned into all or part of the broadcast.
- The match, which aired on UniMás from 8:52 p.m. – 11:43 p.m. on May 18, 2014, delivered an average of 2.5 million Total Viewers and 1.6 million Adults 18-49.
- This is the most-viewed club soccer match on any network in 2014 (includes English Premier League (EPL), UEFA Champions League, Major League Soccer, and other leagues).
- Match drew +100% more Total Viewers and +191% more Adults than the most-viewed EPL match on NBC in the recently completed ’13-14 season (Cardiff-Swansea on 2/8/14).
- The game was the most-viewed LMX match in the Clausura ’14 season on any network.
- Performance bested Telemundo’s first leg of the LMX finals by +57% with Adults and +43% with Total Viewers.
- UniMás’ broadcast delivered more viewers than every single NHL playoff game airing on NBC, NBCSN and CNBC in the 2014 playoffs to-date.
· Locally, the LMX Clausura Final made UniMás the #1 broadcast station in the 8:45pm – 11:45pm time period among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
· The second leg of the 2014 Clausura Final on UniMás bested Telemundo’s first leg of the LMX finals among:
o Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
o Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento
o Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, Fast Nationals, NPM, L+SD data, LMX final aired 5/18/14, 8:52p-11:43p on UniMás/UDN. The Nielsen Company, NSI (5/18/14), 2014 LMX Clausura Final aired Sunday 845-1145pm EST. Live+SD. (live across all time zones)