via press release:
MASTERS OF SEX GROWS NINE PERCENT IN WEEK TWO
HOMELAND Retains Premiere Week Audience,
Both SHOWTIME Series Deliver Outstanding Time-Shifted Numbers In Their First Week
· The second episode of season three of HOMELAND held virtually all of its audience from the S3 premiere with 1.83 million viewers at 9 p.m. (vs. 1.9 million) and 2.5 million viewers for the night (vs. 2.61 million viewers for its S3 premiere night).
· The new SHOWTIME drama series MASTERS OF SEX grew in its second week up nine percent at 10 p.m. with 1.1 million viewers (vs. one million last week) and up seven percent for the night with 1.5 million viewers (vs. 1.4 million last week).
· The premiere weeks for HOMELAND and MASTERS were expected to grow given our subscribers’ patterns of delayed viewing, but the numbers defied expectations:
– HOMELAND is pacing well ahead of season 2 (up 24 percent) with over 6.4 million viewers (vs. 5.2 million for HOMELAND season two), on track to tie as the highest-rated first week for a SHOWTIME series in network history (along with Dexter S8).
– After an impressive launch, MASTERS OF SEX continues to deliver incredible numbers, on pace to receive 5.6 million viewers for its premiere week, up 35 percent vs. HOMELAND’s first season (vs. 4.13 million).