via press release:
MEXICO VS. ISRAEL FRIENDLY ON UNIMÁS DELIVERS 2.9 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS, OUTPERFORMS NHL CONFERENCE FINALS
Univision Deportes Network Ranks as No. 1 Spanish-Language Cable Sports Network for Month of May
- On Wednesday, May 28th, UniMás’ broadcast of the Mexico vs. Israel friendly match, which was simulcast on Univision Deportes Network (UDN), delivered an average of 2.9 million Total Viewers and 1.8 million Adults 18-49, besting NBC Sports Network’s telecast of National Hockey League (NHL) Conference Finals, Los Angeles vs. Chicago, by +33% with Total Viewers and +79% with Adults 18-49.
- NBCSN telecast averaged 2.2 million Total Viewers and 992,000 Adults 18-49.
- The match, which aired from 9:30 p.m.– 11:30 p.m., delivered twelve times more Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 than ESPN2’s broadcast of Mexico vs. Israel.
o ESPN2 broadcast delivered an average of 220,000 Total Viewers and 139,000 Adults 18-49.
- UniMás’ broadcast out delivered Telemundo by +8% in primetime with Total Viewers, by +23% with Adults 18-49, and by +30% with Adults 18-34.
- UDN was the No. 1 Spanish-language sports cable network in May in primetime among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49:
- Among Adults 18-49 in primetime, UDN (88,000) bested FOXD (33,000) and ESPD (32,000) by +167% and +175%, respectively.
- Among Total Viewers in primetime, UDN (133,000) bested FOXD (61,000) and ESPD (51,000) by +118% and +161%, respectively.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH (ESPD), L+SD data. MNT match aired 5/28/14, 9:30p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Regardless of language, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station during the Mexico vs. Israel friendly (9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. ET) among Total Viewers in Los Angeles; Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix; and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix.
- During the Mexico vs. Israel match (9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. ET), UniMás stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined in Los Angeles, Houston and Chicago among Adults 18-34 and in Los Angeles among Adults 18-49.
- During the Mexico vs. Israel match (9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. ET), UniMás stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined among Total Viewers in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento; and Adults 18-49 and 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, (05/28/14), 9:30p.m.-11:30p.m ET (match time). Live game across time zones. Live +SD.
CONTACT: Paola Hernandez
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The Company, a leading content creator in the U.S., includes Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching approximately 95% of U.S. Hispanic television households; UniMás, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network reaching approximately 89% of U.S. Hispanic television households; Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network, as well as Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to novelas, Univision Deportes Network, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to sports, ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to news, and an additional suite of cable offerings – De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit; Univision Television Group, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico, as well as Uforia, the leading Hispanic digital music service; UVideos, the first bilingual digital video network serving Hispanic America; an Interactive network of online and mobile apps and products including Univision.com, which continues to be the No. 1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. UCI’s assets also include a minority stake in El Rey Network, a new 24-hour English-language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, and a joint venture with Disney/ABC Television Network for Fusion, a news, pop culture and satire TV and digital network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit Univision.net.