via press release:
MORE THAN TWO MILLION PEOPLE TUNE IN TO SEE PRESIDENT OBAMA ON MYTHBUSTERS
— “President’s Challenge” #1 Primetime Cable Program Among Men —
The Wednesday, December 8, 2010 premiere episode of MYTHBUSTERS, President’s Challenge, delivered 2.24 million viewers (P2+), making it the #1 primetime (8P-11P) cable program among M25-54/M18-34 delivery (no exclusions). It was the #2 primetime (8P-11P) cable program among M18-49 delivery (no exclusions, behind NBA basketball).
Earning a 1.45 HH / 1.05 P25-54 AA%, the 9PM telecast surpassed several primetime broadcast telecasts, bringing in more viewers in key demos than ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC:
· ABC’s Cougar Town for M25-54, M18-49, P18-34, M18-34
· ABC’s The Middle for M18-34
· ABC’s Better With You for M18-34
· ABC’s Modern Family for M18-34
· CBS’s The Defenders for M18-34
· FOX’s Human Target for P18-34, M18-34
· NBC’s Law & Order: SVU for M18-49, M18-34
Additionally, last night’s behind-the-scenes special of STORM CHASERS, Behind the Storm, delivered almost 1 million viewers (P2+), earning a 0.72 HH / 0.50 P25-54.
Driven by tune in for last night’s premieres of MYTHBUSTERS and STORM CHASERS, Discovery was the #2 ad-supported cable network for delivery among M18-49 and M18-34, and it was #3 among M25-54.
Source: NHI. Live+SD AA(000).