via press release:
Sunday Update (The SNF metered-market average has been adjusted to the
telecast’s full duration):
* Currently available fast-affiliate ratings are not time
zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts.
* In time zone-adjusted metered-market results, the
Cowboys-Falcons game was #1 in its time period with a preliminary 14.5
rating, 23 share in metered-market households from 8:30-11:30 p.m. ET,
a five-week high for “Sunday Night Football” (best since Giants-Eagles
on September 30, 15.6/25 in metered-market households).
* These are the highest overnights for a Week 9 “Sunday Night
Football” telecast in six years (since November 5, 2006,
* Versus the Week 9 telecast last year, the Cowboys-Falcons game
was up 2 percent in metered-market households (with a 14.5 rating vs.
a 14.2 last year for Ravens-Steelers).
* Top markets for the game were: 1. Atlanta 31.1/45, 2. Dallas
30.9/48, 3. San Antonio 23.0/33, 4. New Orleans 22.2/29, 5.
* Though fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant upward
adjustment for “Sunday Night Football,” they currently show NBC
winning Sunday night in every key ratings category — adults, men and
women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers.