via press notes:
Note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to adjustment when Nielsen reports official-national results. Prior to those adjustments, NBC is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 in the fast-national ratings, ranking #1 or tied for #1 during six of six primetime half-hours (pending updates).
- In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports’ coverage of last night’s New York Rangers-Los Angeles Kings game averaged a 3.8 rating, 7 share in metered-market households from 8-11:15 p.m. ET, ranking as NBC’s second-best Stanley Cup Final Game 1 ever in metered-market households.
- The 3.8 rating in metered-market households is up +58% versus Game 1 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final, which also featured the L.A. Kings (vs. the New Jersey Devils, 2.4 in metered-market households).
- Last night’s game scored a 7.1 rating in Los Angeles in metered-market households, making this L.A.’s third-best overnight rating ever on NBC, trailing only Games 5 and 6 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final, which were both potentially clinching games for the Kings.
- New York delivered its best NHL rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, with a 10.1 rating in metered-market households, surpassing the prior high, last week’s 8.5 for the Eastern Conference Final Game 6 on NBCSN.
- The top five Markets for last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 1 were: New York, 10.1; Buffalo, 8.5; L.A., 7.1; Boston, 6.8; Providence, 5.4.