via press release:
NFL MEDIA’S 2012 NFL DRAFT COVERAGE IS OFFICIALLY ON THE CLOCK
Coverage Features More War Room Cameras than Ever Before with 12
Thurs., April 26 Interviews on NFL Network’s ‘2012 NFL Draft Kickoff’:
2:15 PM ET – Redskins General Manager Bruce Allen
5:15 PM ET – Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway
6:30 PM ET – Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones
7:15 PM ET – Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick
‘NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott’ Provides Comprehensive Draft Coverage Thursday, April 26 & Friday, April 27
NFL Media’s coverage of the 77th annual NFL Draft is officially on the clock. With 62 total hours of draft-related programming, an unmatched on-air talent roster of analysts, reporters and college coaches, and more draft war room cameras than ever before, NFL Media descends upon Radio City Music Hall in New York City for its seventh year of NFL Draft coverage.
NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock headlines the on-air talent roster of 43 analysts, reporters and college coaches which will provide 40 total hours of live coverage throughout “Draft Week.” Additionally, NFL Network’s stable of former players such as Michael Irvin, Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner, former front office executives Michael Lombardi and Charley Casserly, and former NFL head coaches Steve Mariucci and Brian Billick have the draft covered from every angle with expert analysis gained from several years of NFL experience.
Throughout NFL Network’s coverage of the three-day event, LSU head coach Les Miles and Stanford head coach David Shaw provide analysis of each of their former players and scouting reports on the players selected.
NFL Network’s coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft is highlighted by war room cameras in 12 team facilities – more than ever before. Each camera will provide behind-the-scenes video access into the Draft War Rooms as front office executives make their selections. Featured this season are the Indianapolis Colts, marking the third consecutive year NFL Network has been inside the draft room of the team with the first overall pick. Other war room cameras include top-10 picks St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers and Buffalo Bills, 2011 playoff teams Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons, as well as the Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals and perennial war room cam participant, the Dallas Cowboys.
2012 NFL Draft Coverage Team at Radio City Music Hall
Thursday, April 26 at 8:00 PM ET (Round 1)
Main Set: Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Marshall Faulk, Steve Mariucci, Michael Irvin
News Desk: Michael Lombardi, Jason La Canfora
Stage: Deion Sanders
Red Carpet/Green Room: Melissa Stark
Friday, April 27 at 7:00 PM ET (Rounds 2-3)
Main Set: Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Charles Davis, Brian Billick
News Desk: Michael Lombardi, Jason La Canfora
Stage: Melissa Stark
Saturday, April 28 at 12 Noon ET (Rounds 4-7)
Main Set: Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Charles Davis
· 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM ET: Les Miles
· 2:00 – 5:00 PM ET: David Shaw
· 4:00 – 7:00 PM ET: Brian Billick
News Desk: Michael Lombardi, Jason La Canfora
2012 NFL Draft Kickoff – Thursday, April 26 – Saturday, April 28
NFL Network’s extensive roster of analysts and reporters provide all of the latest news reports and expert analysis surrounding the 2012 NFL Draft on 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff Thursday, April 26 – Saturday, April 28.
Thursday, April 26 at 1:00 PM ET
· Talent (1:00 – 4:00 PM ET): Paul Burmeister, Kurt Warner, Charley Casserly (Los Angeles); Brian Billick, Charles Davis, Jay Glazer (Radio City Music Hall)
· Talent (4:00 – 6:00 PM ET) Melissa Stark, Charles Davis, Brian Billick, Jason La Canfora, Michael Lombardi (Radio City Music Hall)
· Talent (6:00 – 8:00 PM ET): Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Marshall Faulk, Steve Mariucci, Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Melissa Stark, Jason La Canfora, Michael Lombardi (Radio City Music Hall); Kurt Warner (Los Angeles)
· Interviews with front office executives:
o 2:15 PM ET – Washington Redskins general manager Bruce Allen
o 5:15 PM ET – Denver Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway
o 6:30 PM ET – Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
o 7:15 PM ET – New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick
· Brian Billick discusses the consequences of drafting a quarterback with the first overall pick
· Coaching roundtable with former NFL head coaches Steve Mariucci and Brian Billick, and college coaches Les Miles (LSU) and David Shaw (Stanford)
· Melissa Stark interviews quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III on the red carpet at Radio City Music Hall
Friday, April 27 at 1:00 PM ET
· Talent (1:00 – 4:00 PM ET): Paul Burmeister, Kurt Warner, Charley Casserly, Tom Waddle (Los Angeles); Brian Billick, Charles Davis (Radio City Music Hall)
· Talent (4:00 – 7:00 PM ET): Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Charles Davis, Brian Billick, Melissa Stark, Jason La Canfora, Michael Lombardi (Radio City Music Hall)
Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 AM ET
· Talent (10:00 – 11:00 AM ET): Fran Charles, Jamie Dukes, Heath Evans, Charley Casserly (Los Angeles)
· Talent (11:00 AM – 12 Noon ET): Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, Charles Davis, Les Miles, Jason La Canfora, Michael Lombardi (Radio City Music Hall)
NFL Total Access – Thursday, April 26 – Saturday, April 28
Following NFL Network’s coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft each night, NFL Total Access airs live from Los Angeles to recap each round and analyze the selections made. Host Scott Hanson is joined by analysts Kurt Warner and Charley Casserly Thursday, April 26 and Friday April 27 at 11:30 PM ET. On Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 PM ET, host Andrew Siciliano and analysts Charley Casserly, Brian Baldinger and Tom Waddle put a bow on the 2012 NFL Draft and examine which teams were draft winners.
NFL Draft-Related Features
· The Ones (Monday, April 23 – Thursday, April 26): Since 1970, there have been 19 quarterbacks selected with the first overall pick in the NFL Draft. Airing Monday, April 23 – Wednesday, April 25 on NFL Total Access at 7:00 PM ET, and Thursday, April 26 on 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff at 1:00 PM ET, The Ones is a four-part series that examines various aspects of being put in the unique position as the perceived savior of an NFL franchise. Golden Globe-winning actor of the acclaimed television show Mad Men, Jon Hamm, narrates. The former number one overall picks who were interviewed are John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Michael Vick, Drew Bledsoe, Jim Plunkett, Matthew Stafford, Tim Couch, Carson Palmer and David Carr. Monday’s episode “The Club,” examined the 19 quarterbacks who have been selected with the first overall pick; on Tuesday, “Life After #1” discusses life after the draft as a number one pick; on Wednesday, “Rookie Year” takes a look at the rookie year for each quarterback; and on Thursday, “Hype and Pressure” examines the expectations that come with being the number one overall pick.
o “The Club”: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d828888ec/The-ones-A-club-like-no-other
· Football Freakonomics (Thursday, April 26 on 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff at 1:00 PM ET): The Emmy-nominated series hosted by Stephen J. Dubner approaches the NFL Draft to determine which teams have had the most success in selecting players. Who managed to build championship teams through the draft? Who squandered golden opportunities by making poor picks? Football Freakonomics seeks the answers to these questions and more.
· Brotherly Love (Friday, April 27 on 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff at 1:00 PM ET): Jay Glazer, FOXSports.com’s NFL Insider, NFL Network contributor and MMA aficionado, examines the relationship between brothers Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones, UFC light heavyweight Jon “Bones” Jones and Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Arthur Jones. Brotherly Love offers a glimpse into how family values and competition create a succession of standout athletes. Follow Chandler as he watches his brother Jon face Rashad Evans in UFC 145 and as he prepares for the biggest moment of his life.
· 2011: Year of the Rookie (Tuesday, April 24 at 8:00 PM ET): With the immediate and tremendous level of success that rookie quarterbacks Cam Newton, Andy Dalton and T.J. Yates enjoyed in their first NFL season, 2011 was the certainly the “Year of the Rookie.” Airing Tuesday, April 24 at 8:00 PM ET, 2011: Year of the Rookie examines why each had the level of success they had and what to expect from this crop of NFL prospects.
NFL Draft Special Programming
· Mayock’s 2012 Mock Draft Presented by Fiat (Wednesday, April 25 at 8:00 PM ET): On the eve of the 2012 NFL Draft, NFL Network’s draft expert Mike Mayock unveils his first – and only – mock draft of the year in a one-hour primetime special. Alongside NFL Network analyst Charles Davis, Mayock predicts how the first round of the draft will unfold and provides full analysis of each selection. Features interviews with Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck and Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.
· No Huddle (Wednesday, April 25 at 9:00 PM ET): Hall of Famers Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk, former NFL head coach Steve Mariucci and former front office executive Michael Lombardi break down how the top prospects will transition from college to the NFL, as well as offer their own memories from draft day.
· The Rich Eisen Podcast (Wednesday, April 25 at 10:30 PM ET): From the NFL league offices in New York City, Rich Eisen presents an edition of The Rich Eisen Podcast with a distinct New York flavor with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Denis Leary and Seth Meyers scheduled to appear. This edition is also available for download on NFL.com and iTunes.
- Follow the 2012 NFL Draft Online with NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott: On Thursday, April 26 at 7:30 PM ET and Friday, April 27 at 6:30 PM ET, NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott provides comprehensive coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft. Host Matt “Money” Smith and analysts Bucky Brooks and Ted Sundquist analyze each team’s selections, while Michael Fabiano, Jason Smith and Adam Rank offer the fantasy implications of each pick from NFL Network’s Los Angeles studios. On Saturday, NFL.com LIVE will stream NFL Network’s coverage of Rounds 4-7 beginning at 12 Noon ET.
· NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock offers pick-by-pick analysis on NFL.com’s Draft Tracker Presented by Lexus.
- Fan War Rooms Return: The popular Fan War Rooms Presented by Verizon are back for the fourth year, offering an innovative way for fans to follow the draft, allowing them the opportunity to discuss a team’s strategy and immediately react once a player is selected.
- NFL.com’s Mock Draft: On Wednesday, April 25, NFL.com hosts its annual Mock Draft, hosted by “Commissioner” Mike Mayock. NFL Network’s Rich Eisen, Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, Steve Mariucci, Charles Davis, Brian Billick, Michael Lombardi and Melissa Stark are put on the spot as each makes their best selections for all 32 teams, with Mayock offering critiques and analysis throughout.
- Keep up with Matt Kalil & Justin Blackmon with ‘The Right Stuff Presented by New Era’: Follow two of the top prospects in this year’s draft – USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil and Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon – throughout their pre-draft journey on NFL.com’s blog, The Right Stuff Presented by New Era. NFL.com is with each prospect throughout their entire pre-draft journey, providing a behind-the-scenes look at one of the biggest moments in their life.
o Matt Kalil returns to USC and stops by some his favorite football spots: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8287494f/Kalil-s-walk-down-memory-lane
o With the 2012 NFL Draft looming, Justin Blackmon gears up for his last of many team visits since the NFL Scouting Combine: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8286d242/Justin-Blackmon-s-last-stop
o Matt Kalil prepares for the NFL with MMA training: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8286db9a/Matt-Kalil-s-MMA-workout
o Justin Blackmon reflects on the past and looks ahead to the NFL: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8285f653/Justin-Blackmon-takes-it-in-stride
· Interact with Fans, Analysts & Players Throughout the Draft: NFL.com’s Draft Chat Presented by Lexus offers fans a unique forum to interact with fellow fans, NFL Network analysts and players, as well as voice their opinions regarding each selection. NFL.com’s Elliot Harrison is on the scene at Radio City Music Hall in New York City, talking all-things draft with fans via Twitter and other social media forums.
· ‘Fan Ballot Presented GMC’ Returns This Year: Throughout the 2012 NFL Draft, fans can grade a team’s Draft performance with the Fan Ballot Presented by GMC on NFL.com.
· NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal and Daniel Hanzus are on the ground in New York City throughout the week, providing the latest news reports on the Around the League blog (http://www.nfl.com/news/around-the-league).
Reporting from NFL Team Locations
· Brian Baldinger (Philadelphia Eagles)
· Michelle Beisner (Denver Broncos)
· Albert Breer (Indianapolis Colts)
· Stacey Dales (New England Patriots)
· Jeff Darlington (Miami Dolphins)
· Alex Flanagan (New Orleans Saints)
· Rebecca Haarlow (New York Jets, Giants & Philadelphia Eagles)
· Kim Jones (New York Jets)
· Randy Moss (Pittsburgh Steelers & Chicago Bears)
· Bob Papa (New York Giants)
· Ian Rapoport (Dallas Cowboys)
· Solomon Wilcots (Cleveland Browns & St. Louis Rams)
· Ari Wolfe (Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders & San Francisco 49ers)
· Steve Wyche (Washington Redskins)