via press release:
ORIGINALS LEAD CHARGE AS USA CONTINUES AT #1
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – August 3, 2010 – USA topped the week again as the only cable network to average over 1 million in P25-54 (1.30 million, +34% over #2 TNT), 1 million in P18-49 (1.19 million, +33% over #2 Discovery Channel), 3 million total viewers (3.05 million, +11% over #2 Disney Channel), or 2 million households (2.25 million, +14% over #2 Disney Channel). USA was also the only basic cable network to earn over a 2.0 household coverage rating (2.26, +0.27 over #2 Disney Channel).
Driven by originals WHITE COLLAR, COVERT AFFAIRS, PSYCH, BURN NOTICE, and ROYAL PAINS, and WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW, USA delivered more M18-34 than any broadcast network except for FOX. USA also tripled the total viewers delivery of The CW (+223%) and doubled the network’s audiences among P18-49 (+156%), P25-54 (+187%), and P18-34 (+124%).
- BURN NOTICE and ROYAL PAINS were the only scripted telecasts in the week’s basic cable prime top ten among P18-49 (Burn Notice 2.20 million / Royal Pains 1.96 million) and ranked as the top two scripted telecasts in this week’s basic cable prime among P25-54 (Burn Notice 2.52 million / Royal Pains 2.35 million).
- BURN NOTICE was the top scripted telecast in Thursday’s basic cable prime among P18-49 (2.20 million) and households (3.65 million). In BURN NOTICE’s 9P timeslot, USA was the #1 network on television, broadcast or cable, in delivering M18-34/M18-49/M25-54/ total males, while outperforming every television network except for ABC and FOX in P18-49 and P25-54.
- ROYAL PAINS also had a sunny week, placing second only to BURN NOTICE Thursday night among P25-54 (2.35 million) and, among scripted fare, P18-49 (1.96 million), total viewers (5.07 million), and households (3.54 million). In the 10P hour, when the network aired ROYAL PAINS, USA was the top network on television for M25-54, beating all broadcasters in P18-34 and P18-49, and performing second only to CBS in P25-54.
- More households were tuned to COVERT AFFAIRS (3.59 million) Tuesday night than anything else in basic cable prime. COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR were the top two scripted telecasts in the night’s basic cable prime among P25-54 (Covert Affairs 2.04 million / White Collar 1.48 million), P18-49 (1.86 million / 1.32 million), total viewers (4.83 million / 3.72 million), and households (3.59 million / 2.82 million).
- More viewers tuned into PSYCH this past week then have since last season’s premiere as the total viewers audience (3.74 million) was its largest since the 1/27/10 episode, making this the 2nd best performance for the series without a Monk lead-in. Every demo and gender break grew from last week, allowing the show to boast larger P18-49 (1.53 million) and F25-54 (810,000) audiences than it had for the season premiere two weeks ago.
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW attracted more total viewers P2+ (5.20 million) this week than the show has since the Monday after Wrestlemania (3/29/10), breaking 5 million viewers and 2.5 million P25-54 (2.51 million) for only the second time since then. Raw was the #1 show in basic cable prime Monday, taking the top two telecasts and delivering more P25-54 and P18-49 (2.43 million) than anything else.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.