via press release:
SHOWTIME® AND HOMELAND ASK:
CAN YOU BEAT A POLYGRAPH?
Network Launches Nationwide Promotion Where Fans Can
Test Their Powers of Deception In-Person And Online
NEW YORK, NY – (November 7, 2011) – Fans of the hit SHOWTIME series HOMELAND who watched this Sunday’s episode, were treated to a storyline where most of the series’ main characters were interrogated and subjected to polygraph tests. Shockingly, Sgt. Nicholas Brody (portrayed by Golden Globe® nominee Damian Lewis) manages to beat his polygraph despite lying on the exam. Viewers around the country can now test their curiosity, as SHOWTIME will offer polygraph exams in-person and online to consumers around the country, to see if they too can beat a lie detector.
While not having the training and fortitude that Sgt. Brody used to skew his results, consumers will have the opportunity to “beat the test” in person or online. HOMELAND polygraph vans will travel to cities on the East and West Coast of the United States where professional polygraphists will test consumers’ answers. Fans will be asked a series of questions that should result as a “truth,” as well as three additional questions that they will need to respond to “truthfully” despite its pre-determined inaccuracy. Specific locations and dates for van stops around the country in New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles are listed below.
Viewers nationwide will also have the chance to test their skills online by visiting http://www.sho.com/site/homeland/polygraph.sho. The SHOWTIME simulated polygraph app will use voice stress analysis to evaluate the participant’s answers. Users simply need a webcam and a Facebook account to participate and use the app.
HOMELAND is a one-hour drama series that tells the story of Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons, who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis), a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed dead for eight years, was a setup and may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil. The series also stars Mandy Patinkin, Morena Baccarin, David Harewood, Diego Klattenhoff, Morgan Saylor and Jackson Pace. HOMELAND is based on the original Israeli series “Prisoners of War,” by Gideon Raff. Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Avi Nir, Ran Telem, Gideon Raff and Michael Cuesta serve as executive producers. The series is produced by FOX 21.
Van Locations and Dates:
- Monday, November 7: Bryant Park SE Corner of West 43rd Street and Sixth Ave (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 8: Flatiron SE Corner of East 23rd Street and Fifth Avenue (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Wednesday, November 9: SoHo SE Corner of Prince Street & Broadway (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 10: Reading Terminal SE Corner of N. 12th St. and Arch St. (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Friday, November 1: Gallery Place SW corner of F St NW and 6th St NW (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Monday, November 7: Ghirardelli Square, West Plaza (1 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 8: Fisherman’s Wharf, the intersection of Beach Street & the Embarcadero/Powell (12 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, November 9: The Grove, Gilmore Lane (1 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 10: The Americana at Brand, on American Way (1 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Friday, November 11: Hollywood & Highland, Hollywood Blvd in front of Kodak Arch (11 a.m.)
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, as well as the multiplex channels SHOWTIME 2™, SHOWTIME® SHOWCASE, SHOWTIME EXTREME®, SHOWTIME BEYOND®, SHOWTIME NEXT®, SHOWTIME WOMEN®, SHOWTIME FAMILY ZONE® and THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ XTRA. SNI also offers SHOWTIME HD™, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ HD, SHOWTIME ON DEMAND® and THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™. All SNI feeds provide enhanced sound using Dolby Digital 5.1. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.