via press note:
SERCH, a new daytime talk show hosted by 1980s rapper MC Serch, began a four-week test run on eight Tribune stations on Monday, January 6.
- The show premiered at a 1.1/3 in households for all telecasts across its eight markets, which was up 10% from its year-ago time periods.
- It’s best market in households was Indianapolis, where it debuted at a 2.6/4, up 24% from what veteran Maury Povich had averaged in the same time period (12-noon on WXIN) last year .
- In top market New York, SERCH pulled a 1.5/4 on WPIX at 4pm. This was up 25% from what Maury averaged in the same slot last January.
- Among W25-54, SERCH earned a 0.6/4 overall, which was even in rating and up a share point or 33% from its year-ago time period average of 0.6/3.
- The show’s best performance in the key demo Monday was in New York, where it scored a 1.1/5 — up 57% from what Maury averaged in its time slot last January.