via press release:
SYFY BREAKS VIEWERSHIP RECORDS FOR THIRD STRAIGHT RATINGS PERIOD
BEST NOVEMBER IN HISTORY AMONG ALL KEY DEMOS INCLUDING TOTAL VIEWERS, ADULTS 18-34, ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54
FUELED BY THE JULY 7 REBRAND, FROM JULY-NOVEMBER SYFY SCORES MOST-WATCHED FIVE MONTH STRETCH
EVER IN TOTAL VIEWERS
In Fourth Quarter to Date, Ranks #4 in Adults 25-54 and #5 in Adults 18-49
New York, NY – December 2, 2009 – For the third consecutive ratings period (following Third Quarter and October), Syfy shattered viewership records by drawing the largest November audience in its 17-year history among total viewers. It was also the network’s best November ever in Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54, Women 18-34, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Men 18-34, Men 18-49 and Men 25-54.
Fueled by the July 7 rebrand, Syfy has scored its most watched five month stretch ever (July-November) in total viewers.
In Fourth Quarter to date, Syfy is currently the #4 basic cable entertainment network in Adults 25-54 (782,000, +8%) and #5 among Adults 18-49 (707,000, +12%), as well as rising 16% in Adults 18-34.
Driven by Ghost Hunters, Stargate Universe, Sanctuary and freshman Ghost Hunters Academy, the record-setting November performance featured:
- 266,000 Adults 18-34 (+6% vs. Nov 08)
- 663,000 Adults 18-49 (+5%)
- 743,000 Adults 25-54 (+3%)
- 121,000 Women 18-34 (+9%)
- 318,000 Women 18-49 (+8%)
- 349,000 Women 25-54 (+6%)
- Growth in all the key male demos including 146,000 Men 18-34 (+5%)
- 1,349,000 P2+ (up +2%)
Online, Syfy.com continued its sizzling year-long growth. The site reached its best November ever, hitting highs in all key metrics for the third straight month:
- 3.6 million uniques
- 5.6 million visits
- 31.5 million page views
- 5.4 million video streams
- SCI FI Wire delivered 3.5 million page views, which is the best month ever for the second month in a row.
Syfy closes out its historic 2009 with a diverse array of original programming in December, highlighted by:
- Conclusion of Stargate Universe’s fall season Friday, December 4, at 9PM (ET/PT)
- Four hour movie event Alice, starring Kathy Bates and Caterina Scorsone, Sunday, December 6, and Monday, December 7, at 9PM (ET/PT)
- Premiere of Outer Space Astronauts Tuesday, December 8, at 9:30PM (ET/PT)
- Season five finale of Ghost Hunters Wednesday, December 16, at 9PM (ET/PT), followed by the last episode of Ghost Hunters Academy’s rookie season Wednesday, December 16, at 10PM (ET/PT)
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)