via press release:
truTV Scores Biggest Month Ever in January
truTV is on a roll, delivering its biggest month ever in primetime. This comes after truTV scored its best year ever in 2009, followed by such January successes as the network’s biggest week, biggest night and biggest single telecast.
truTV’s tremendous success in January 2010 came among its targeted demos – adults 18-34, adults 18-49, men 18-34 and men 18-49 – all of which showed extraordinary growth over January 2009. In addition, the network ranked among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks among adults 18-49 and men 18-49 for the month. Shows that delivered strong numbers for truTV in January include Operation Repo, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… and Disorder in the Court, as well as the network’s newest original series, Las Vegas Jailhouse.
“As its record-breaking performance demonstrates, truTV is firmly established as a key viewing destination, especially for our targeted young adult and young male demographics,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager, truTV/In Session. “We look to continue that success with the arrival of NFL Full Contact next week and new episodes of some of our top series throughout February.”
truTV Ratings Highlights for January 2010:
- truTV’s January primetime deliveries were the network’s best monthly figures ever among adults 18-34 (293,000); adults 18-49 (663,000); men 18-34 (152,000); and men 18-49 (352,000).
- truTV delivered extraordinary primetime growth when compared to January 2009, with adults 18-34 up 27%, adults 18-49 up 21%, men 18-34 up 25%, men 18-49 up 14% and total viewers (1,322,000) up 14%.
- truTV ranked among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-49 and men 18-49 for the month. The network was also the fastest growing network among the Top 10, adding 116,000 adults 18-49 and 42,000 men 18-49.
- The first week of 2010 (Dec. 28-Jan. 3), truTV scored its best week ever in primetime delivery of adults 18-49 (676,000); men 18-34 (159,000); and men 18-49 (368,000).
- On Monday, Jan. 4, truTV scored its biggest night ever in delivery of adults 18-49 (939,000) and men 18-49 (521,000). The night was led by the 10 p.m. episode of Operation Repo, which delivered the network’s biggest telecast ever among adults 18-49 (1,301,000) and total viewers (2,286,000).
- Las Vegas Jailhouse, truTV’s newest series, averaged 1.4 million viewers for its two-episode premiere Sunday, Jan. 31.
- Other successful series for truTV in January include Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura (1.6 million viewers), The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… (1.5 million viewers), It Only Hurts When I Laugh (1.5 million viewers) and Bait Car (1.3 million viewers). All of them delivered outstanding time-period growth.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 91 million U.S. households, the 18-year-old network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series Black Gold, Operation Repo, The Smoking Gun Presents… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.