via press release:
UNIMÁS BROADCAST OF “EL SÚPER CLÁSICO” RANKS AS MOST-VIEWED CLUB SOCCER MATCH IN 2014
Match Reached 4.1 Million Total Viewers on Sunday, March 30
- On Sunday, March 30, El Súper Clásico match on Univision Networks reached 4.1 million Total Viewers, making it the most-viewed club soccer match on any network in 2014.
- El Súper Clásico on UniMás delivered an average audience of 2.4 million Total Viewers and 1.5 million Adults 18-49 with the broadcast of the Chivas de Guadalajara vs. Club América match. The game aired from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. on UniMás and simulcast on Univision Deportes Network (UDN).
- The Chivas vs. America match was also the most-viewed Súper Clásico on a Univision Network since Sunday, October 24th, 2010, among Adults 18-49. Compared to most recent Súper Clásico on Univision, match performance increased +16% among Total Viewers and +36% among Adults 18-49.
- UniMás is up 21% with Total Viewers and 20% with Adults 18-49 for Liga MX (LMX) (1Q14 vs. 1Q13).
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data, match aired 3/30/14, 9p-11p.
- Locally, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station during El Súper Clásico, regardless of language:
o In Los Angeles among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
o In San Francisco among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
o In Phoenix among Adults 18-34
- During El Súper Clásico, UniMás stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined:
o In Los Angeles among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
o In San Francisco among Adults 18-34
- During El Súper Clásico, UniMás stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined:
o Among Persons 2+ Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Phoenix
o Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
o Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Phoenix
- In the time period (9 p.m.-11 p.m. ET), UniMás stations had higher viewership than ESPN with Major League Baseball in the following markets:
o Among Persons 2+ Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix
o Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix
o Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, (03/30/14), 9:00p.m.-11:00p.m ET (match time). Live game across time zones. Live +SD.
- El Súper Clásico match between Chivas vs. América was the No. 2 broadcast program of the day in terms of unique authors, regardless of language, beating NASCAR Racing (FOX) and NHL Hockey (NBC); and coming in second only to the 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament (CBS).
Source: Nielsen SocialGuide.
- On Saturday, April 5, El Clásico Joven – América vs. Cruz Azul will air LIVE from Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on Univision at 6:55 p.m. ET/5:55 p.m. CT/3:55 p.m. PT.