via press release:
Univision and TeleFutura are the Only Broadcast Networks Posting Audience Increases in May Sweeps; ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and Telemundo all Showing Declines
Univision Finished the Week as the #3 Network among Adults 18-34
For the fourth straight week, Univision was the #1 Network Pick on Friday Night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of April 30, 2012 to May 6, 2012
- Univision was the #3 network during primetime last week among Adults 18-34, out-delivering CBS (+11%) and NBC (+21%)
ü This marks the seventh consecutive week that Univision has delivered more Adults 18-34 viewers than ABC and CBS.
ü For the fourteenth time out of the last fifteen weeks Univision has ranked #3 or higher among
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on four out of seven nights last week among Adults 18-49. Univision also out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks on every night last week among Adults 18-34.
ü Based on the current 2011/2012 season to date, Univision has out-performed NBC during broadcast prime 78% of the time (180 out of 231 days) among Adults 18-34 and 52% of the time (121 out of 231 days) among Adults 18-49.
ü Additionally Univision has out-performed ABC on 61 nights, CBS on 38 nights, and FOX on 57 nights among Adults 18-49. Furthermore, among Adults 18-34, Univision has out-performed ABC on 133 nights, CBS on 148 nights, and FOX on 84 nights.
- May sweeps to-date Univision and TeleFutura are the only broadcast networks, English language or Spanish language, to post increases among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü Among Adults 18-49, Univision is currently outpacing its prior May sweeps performance among Adults 18-49 by +2%, while ABC (-16%), CBS (-5%), FOX (-21%), and NBC (-27%) are all posting declines. TeleFutura has posted double digit increases among Adults 18-49 (+17%) while Telemundo reports losses of (-24%.)
ü Univision has also increased its May Sweeps audience among Adults 18-34 (+3%) during broadcast prime while the English Language networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX) are down -27% overall among Adults 18-34. TeleFutura also reported double digit gains among Adults 18-34, as Telemundo posted double digit declines in the same demographic (-27%.)
- Airing “Una Familia Con Suerte” at 8PM, Univision ranked as the #3 broadcast network (based on M-F) among Adults 18-34, out-delivering ABC (+11%) and NBC (+37%) for the hour.
- Univision’s 9PM novela “Abismo de Pasion” (Abyss of Passion) helped Univision to rank as the #4 network for the hour among Adults 18-34. The novela averaged 4.1 Million Total Viewers 2+, 2.1 Million Adults 18-49, and 1.1 Million Adults 18-34 viewers.
- During the 10PM hour (based on M-F), Univision aired “La Que No Podia Amar.” Univision ranked as the #3 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 and ranked #1 among Adults 18-34, out delivering NBC in both demographics. Univision has ranked as the #1 network among Adults 18-34 for thirteen of the last fourteen weeks.
- On Monday night Univision held the #3 position among Adults 18-34, out-delivering ABC (+29%) and FOX (+11%). Univision’s entire primetime lineup also ranked among the top 10 programs in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision maintained its #3 position among Adults 18-34 on Tuesday night, out-delivering ABC (+40%) and CBS (+24%). Univision’s entire primetime lineup also ranked among the top 15 programs in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision held the #3 position on Wednesday night among Adults 18-34 and rose to the #4 position among Adults 18-49. Its entire primetime lineup, including “Una Familia Con Suerte,” “Abismo de Pasion” and “La Que No Podia Amar,” ranked among the top 15 programs for the night in both demographics.
- On Thursday night Univision ranked as the #2 network among Adults 18-34 and maintained its the #4 position among Adults 18-49. Univision’s entire primetime lineup ranked among the top 15 programs for the night and also out delivered NBC in both demographics.
- For the fourth consecutive week, Univision was the #1 network on Friday night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü Univision’s entire primetime line-up including “Una Familia Con Suerte,” “Abismo de Pasion,” and “La Que No Podia Amar” ranked among the top three programs Friday night among Adults 18-34.
ü In the current season Univision has been the #1 Network on Friday nights 88% of the time (29 out of 33 weeks) among Adults 18-34 more than any other broadcast network.
- On Saturday night, opposite the UFC on FOX, Univision ranked #4 among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) attracted 1.9 Million Total Viewers 2+, 710,000 Adults 18-49, and 369,000 Adults 18-34 viewers to rank among the top 10 programs for the night in the respective demographics.
- On Sunday night Univision ranked #4 among Adults 18-34, beating NBC (+11%).
ü At 7PM, Univision’s “Rosa de Guadalupe” attracted 1.6 Million Total Viewers 2+ (+10%), 771,000 Adults 18-49 (+22%), and 401,000 Adults 18-34 (+9%) increasing it viewership compared to the prior week.
ü Following “Rosa de Guadalupe,” Univision aired the tenth episode of the “Nuestra Belleza Latina” (“Our Latin Beauty”). “Nuestra Belleza Latina” continues to outpace its prior season performance to date among Total Viewers 2+ (3.5 Million, +6%) and Adults 18-49 (1.7 Million, +3%).