via press release:
UNIVISION DELIVERS BLOCKBUSTER LIGA MX FUTBOL RATINGS IN 2014 REGULAR SEASON
Outperforms English Premier League and UEFA Champions League
NEW YORK – MAY 2, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong results with its sports content across its media platforms in the 2014 Liga MX Futbol regular season, delivering double digit growth in key metrics.
- Univision averaged 877,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Clausura regular season, besting NBC’s English Premier League (EPL) coverage by +12%. On Univision, viewership grew +5% among Total Viewers versus prior season. This was the most-viewed LMX regular season on Univision since 2011.
- On UniMás, the network registered its most-viewed season since 2008. UniMás averaged 791,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Clausura regular season, up +27% versus prior season.
- Additionally, UniMás broadcast the top club soccer telecast of 2014 across all networks – the Chivas-America Súper Clásico on March 30, 2014 delivered 2.3 million Total Viewers, the most-viewed Súper Clásico on a Univision Network since 2010.
- On UDN, the network had its most-viewed LMX regular season ever. UDN averaged 257,000 Total Viewers per match in the 2014 LMX Clausura regular season, besting Fox Deportes UEFA Champions League coverage by +8%. For UDN, viewership grew +58% among Total Viewers versus prior season.
- In 2014, Univision ranks as the No. 1 network for club soccer, delivering more viewers than the English Premier League on NBC.
- The top 25 LMX telecasts of the 2014 LMX Clausura regular season among Total Viewers;
- The top 5 club soccer telecasts of 2014 to-date among Total Viewers
- 10 of top 15 club soccer telecasts of 2014 to-date among Total Viewers
UDN was the No.1 Spanish-language sports network in April in primetime among Total Viewers:
- UDN bested ESPN Deportes by +95% and FOX Deportes by +22% among Total Viewers.
- UDN was up +89% with Total Viewers and +103% with Adults 18-49 in primetime vs. prior year.
- UDN was up +90% with Total Viewers and +108% with Adults 18-49 in total day vs. prior year.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH (ESPD), LMX Clausura ’14 regular season (1/1/14-4/27/14), Prior season: LMX Apertura ’13 regular season (7/19/13-11/10/13), EPL ’13-14 season (8/17/13-4/20/14), UEFA CL (8/20/13-4/27/14), L+SD data