via press release:
UNIVISION DEPORTES NETWORK OUT-DELIVERED NBC SPORTS NETWORK, MLB NETWORK AND FOX SPORTS 1
Univision Deportes Network is the Fastest-Growing Cable Network in Both Total Day and Prime Regardless of Language
Univision Deportes Network Ranks as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Sports Network in 2014, Setting Record Ratings and Topping ESPN Deportes and FOX Deportes
Last week, UDN out-delivered NBC Sports Network, MLB Network, and Fox Sports 1 last week in total day and primetime among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- In total day, UDN averaged 175,000 Total Viewers and 98,000 Adults 18-49, out-delivering MLB Network by +80% and +197%, respectively, Fox Sports 1 by +99% and +197%, respectively, and besting NBC Sports Network by +154% and +263%, respectively.
- In primetime, UDN averaged 161,000 Total Viewers and 101,000 Adults 18-49, out-delivering Fox Sports 1 by +10% and +63%, respectively, NBC Sports Network by +18% and +106%, respectively, and besting MLB Network by +74% among Adults 18-49.
UDN ranks as the fastest-growing cable network in 2014 to-date, regardless of language, in total day among both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, and in primetime among Adults 18-49:
- UDN is up +109% with Total Viewers and +112% with Adults 18-49 in primetime vs. prior year.
- UDN is up +142% with Total Viewers and +155% with Adults 18-49 in total day vs. prior year.
UDN ranks as the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network in 2014 to-date in both total day and primetime among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49:
- UDN had the most-viewed week ever among all Spanish-language sports networks in total day across all demos.
- In total day, UDN bested ESPN Deportes by +35% and FOX Deportes by +24% among Total Viewers, and by +33% and +17%, respectively, among Adults 18-49.
- In primetime, UDN outperformed ESPN Deportes by +79% and FOX Deportes by +47% among Total Viewers, and by +89% and +60%, respectively, among Adults 18-49.
Univision Deportes Futbol Club, UDN’s all-soccer news, analysis, and debate destination, set a record ratings high for the show, having its most-viewed week ever.
- Futbol Club averaged 158,000 Total Viewers and 96,000 Adults 18-49, the most-viewed sports news program on Spanish-language cable last week.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH, L+SD data, fastest growing based on 12/31/12-6/23/13 vs. 12/30/13-6/22/14, MSU 6a-6a and MSU 8p-11p, % increase in P2+ (000) and A18-49 (000).