via press release:
UNIVISION DEPORTES NETWORK RANKS AS THE NUMBER 1 SPANISH-LANGUAGE SPORTS NETWORK IN 2014, TOPPING ESPN DEPORTES AND FOX DEPORTES
Univision Deportes Network is the Fastest-Growing Cable Network in Both Total Day and Prime
Univision Deportes Network (UDN) had the most-viewed month of July ever among all Spanish-language sports networks in total day across all demos.
UDN ranks as the No. 1 Spanish-Language sports network in 2014 to-date in both total day and primetime among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49:
- In total day, UDN bested ESPN Deportes by +55% and FOX Deportes by +50% among Total Viewers, and by +43% and +36%, respectively, among Adults 18-49.
- In primetime, UDN outperformed ESPN Deportes by +73% and FOX Deportes by +49% among Total Viewers, and by +81% and +63%, respectively, among Adults 18-49.
UDN ranks as the fastest-growing cable network in 2014 to-date in total day among both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, and in primetime among Adults 18-49:
- UDN is up +78% with Total Viewers and +76% with Adults 18-49 in primetime vs. prior year.
- UDN is up +132% with Total Viewers and +131% with Adults 18-49 in total day vs. prior year.
UDN’s presentation of Liga Mexicana Futbol, the most-viewed soccer league in the United States, began its Apertura ’14 season on July 19.
- The Tigres-Leon match, broadcast exclusively on UDN on Saturday, July 26, 2014, delivered 266,000 Total Viewers and 163,000 Adults 18-49, ranking as the most-viewed club soccer match on Spanish-language cable in July, 2014.
- In the Clausura ’14 campaign, UDN averaged 290,000 Total Viewers and 183,000 Adults 18-49, increases of +73% and +65% from a year earlier, with record-setting viewership for LMX on cable.
UDN is available in more total and Hispanic homes than both ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes. A total of 37.0 million households receive UDN, more than HBO, Showtime, Fox Sports 2 and ESPN Classic.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH, L+SD data, fastest growing based on 12/31/12-7/28/13 vs. 12/30/13-7/27/14, MSU 6a-6a and MSU 8p-11p, % increase in P2+ (000) and A18-49 (000). Distribution based on August 2014, NHIH and NHI UE report.