via press release:
UDN REACHES 18.5 MILLION VIEWERS VIA TV AND DIGITAL IN THE GOLD CUP TOURNAMENT TO-DATE
NEW YORK – JULY 13, 2015 – Univision Deportes, the sports division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered strong ratings with its broadcast of the USA vs. Haiti Gold Cup Group Stage match on Friday night. During the Gold Cup tournament to-date, UDN has reached 18.5 million Total Viewers 2+ via television and digital.
On UniMás, simulcast on UDN, the USA vs. Haiti match aired Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET, averaging 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 713,000 Adults 18-49.
- Performance bested FS1 telecast of same match by +20% among Total Viewers 2+ and +33% among Adults 18-49.
- USA Group Stage matches in the 2015 Gold Cup have averaged 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.0 million Adults 18-49, besting FS1 coverage of same matches by +53% and +72%, respectively.
Through 6 days and 12 matches of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision Deportes is averaging 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+ and 883,000 Adults 18-49 per match, out-delivering its coverage of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup by +41% among Total Viewers 2+ and by +48% among Adults 18-49.
- Each Gold Cup match has been watched by more viewers on Univision Deportes than Fox Networks.
- Univision Deportes has delivered 4x more viewers than Fox Nets among both Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 to-date.
- The most-viewed match of the tournament to-date aired on Sunday, July 12, when Mexico faced Guatemala. The match on Univision, simulcast on UDN, delivered 3.8 million Total Viewers 2+ and 2.3 million Adults 18-49.
Univision Deportes has reached 18.5 million Total Viewers 2+ through 6 days of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Univision Deportes live streaming provided 6% lift to TV viewership
Source: Adobe Analytics and Nielsen, NPM, Fast Nationals, L+SD data, based on match windows. Fast cume with 1 minute qualifier.
Regardless of language, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station in the time period during the USA vs. Haiti Copa Oro match (8:30-10:30 p.m. ET):
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles and San Francisco (tie)
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and Dallas
During the USA vs. Haiti Copa Oro match (8:30-10:30 p.m. ET), UniMás stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas and San Francisco
Coverage of the USA vs Haiti Copa Oro match on UniMás stations outperformed the same match on FOX Sports 1:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Young Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
Source: Nielsen, NSI Overnights, (07/10/15), 8:30-10:30 p.m. ET (match time). Live across time zones. Live +SD.
- Friday’s USA vs. Haiti match delivered more than 170k live streams and garnered 3.0M total minutes of live video consumption.
- Through 6 days and 12 matches of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision Deportes has delivered over 2.0M live streams; 86% of all live streams have come from the Univision Deportes App.