via press release:
UNIVISION DEPORTES NETWORK IS NO. 1 IN PRIMETIME AND TOTAL DAY
Univision Networks Broadcast Most-Viewed Soccer Match For the 7th Consecutive Week
America Match on Univision Outdelivers English Premiere League, NHL and NBA
- Last week, Univision Deportes Network (UDN) was the No. 1 Spanish-language sports cable network in primetime and total day among Total Viewers.
o UDN averaged 155,000 Total Viewers and 88,000 Adults 18-49 in primetime last week, besting FOXD (71,000 and 34,000) by +118% and +159%, respectively, and ESPD (65,000 and 38,000) by +138% and +132%, respectively.
o In total day, UDN averaged 44,000 Total Viewers, besting FOXD (33,000) by +33% and ESPD (42,000) by +5%. Among Adults 18-49, UDN averaged 25,000 in total day, matching ESPD (also 25,000) while besting FOXD (19,000) by +32%.
· This was the 7th consecutive week Univision networks aired the most-viewed soccer match across all networks, regardless of language.
o On Wednesday, March 5, UniMás’ broadcast of the Mexico vs. Nigeria match, which aired from 8:45 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., delivered an average of 3.2 million Total Viewers and 2.0 million Adults 18-49.
o The Mexico vs. Nigeria match was also the most-viewed friendly on UniMás ever among Adults 18-49.
· Univision Network’s broadcast of the America vs. Santos match ranked as the most-viewed league soccer match (LMX, EPL, MLS) of the week on any network.
Ø The match, aired on Saturday, March 8 at 6 p.m., delivered 1.1 million Total Viewers and averaged 568,000 Adults 18-49 viewers outperformed the following sports programs last week:
o All 3 EPL matches on NBCSN including the top EPL match, Tottenham vs. Chelsea, by +120% among Adults 18-49, which delivered 258,000 Adults 18-49 viewers on Saturday, March 8.
o All 5 NHL games on NBC Sports Network including the top NHL match, Chicago vs. Buffalo, by 93% among Adults 18-49, which delivered 294,000 Adults 18-49 viewers on Sunday, March 9.
o All 7 live NBA games on NBATV including the top game, Miami vs. Houston, by +49% among Adults 18-49, which delivered 381,000 Adults 18-49 viewers on Tuesday, March 4.
- UniMás’ broadcast of UNL Tigres vs. Cruz Azul on Saturday, March 8 at 8 p.m. delivered 736,000 Total Viewers and averaged 424,000 Adults 18-49.
- UDN’s top match of the week between Atlas vs. Chiapas FC, which aired on March 8 at 10 p.m., delivered 228,000 Total Viewers and averaged 136,000 Adults 18-49.
o Liga MX on UDN is up by +131% among Total Viewers and +119% among Adults 18-49 in the 2014 Clausura season to date versus last year.
· The start of the 2014 MLS season began on UniMás with Chicago Fire vs. Chivas USA on Sunday, March 9 at 3 p.m., delivering 236,000 Total Viewers and 102,000 Adults 18-49.