via press release:
Univision Ranked as the #3 Network among Adults 18-49
Univision Finished the Week as the #2 Network among Adults 18-34, Out-Delivering ABC, CBS, and NBC for the Third Consecutive Week
UCI Networks Completed May Sweeps as the only Networks to Increase their Audience among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
For the Seventh Straight Week, Univision was the #1 Network Pick on Friday Night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of May 21, 2012 to May 27, 2012
- · Univision ranked as the #3 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 last week, out delivering NBC (+15%) and CBS (+26%)
- · Univision was the #2 network during primetime last week among Adults 18-34, out-delivering ABC (+9%), CBS (+126%) and NBC (+74%)
ü This marks the third consecutive week that Univision has delivered more Adults 18-34 viewers than ABC, NBC, and CBS.
ü For the seventeenth time out of the last eighteen weeks Univision has ranked #3 or higher among
- · Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among Adults 18-49. Univision also out-delivered two or more of the English-Language broadcast networks on every night last week among Adults 18-34.
ü Based on the current 2011/2012 season to date, Univision has out-performed NBC during broadcast prime 77% of the time (195 out of 252 days) among Adults 18-34 and 53% of the time (133 out of 252 days) among Adults 18-49.
ü Additionally Univision has out-performed ABC on 66 nights, CBS on 46 nights, and FOX on 61 nights among Adults 18-49. Furthermore, among Adults 18-34, Univision has out-performed ABC on 147 nights, CBS on 166 nights, and FOX on 88 nights.
- · Univision and TeleFutura finished May sweeps as the only broadcast networks, English language or Spanish language, to post increases among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü Among Adults 18-49, Univision outpaced its prior May sweeps performance among Adults 18-49 by +1%, while ABC (-15%), CBS (-6%), FOX (-22%), and NBC (-18%) all posted declines. TeleFutura posted double digit increases among Adults 18-49 (+23%) while Telemundo reported losses of (-28 %.)
ü Univision also increased its May Sweeps audience among Adults 18-34 (+2%) during broadcast prime while the English Language networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX) are down -20% overall among Adults 18-34. TeleFutura also reported double digit gains among Adults 18-34 (+29%), as Telemundo posted double digit declines in the same demographic (-32 %.)
- · Univision’s 9PM novela “Abismo de Pasion” (Abyss of Passion) helped Univision to rank as the #2 network for the hour among Adults 18-34, out-delivering ABC (+14%), CBS (+127%) and NBC (+64%). The novela averaged 4 Million Total Viewers 2+, 2 Million Adults 18-49, and 1.1 Million Adults 18-34 viewers for the week.
- · During the 10PM hour (based on M-F), Univision aired “La Que No Podia Amar.” Univision ranked as the #2 network among Adults 18-34, out delivering ABC, CBS, and NBC. Univision also held the #3 position among Adults 18-49.
- · Univision kicked off the week as the #3 network among Adults 18-34 and ranked #4 among Adults 18-49, out-delivering CBS in both demographics. Univision’s entire primetime lineup also ranked among the top 10 programs Monday night in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 demographics.
- · On Tuesday night Univision rose to the #2 position among Adults 18-34 and maintained its #4 rank among Adults 18-49, out-delivering CBS in both demographics for the second consecutive night. Univision’s entire primetime lineup also ranked among the top 10 programs in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- · Airing the two hour grand finale of “Una Familia Con Suerte” on Wednesday night, Univision maintained its #2 position among Adults 18-34 and rose to the #3 position among Adults 18-49, out delivering CBS and NBC in both demographics.
ü “Una Familia Con Suerte” delivered an average audience of 6.1 million Total Viewers 2+, 3.2 million Adults 18-49, and 1.9 million Adults 18-34 and was the highest rated telecast in the novelas full run among those demographics.
ü Ranked among the top 20 primetime novela finales on the Univision network (since 1992) among Total Viewers 2+ (#16), Adults 18-49 (#17), and Adults 18-34 (#16)
ü Ranked as the #3 program overall among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 beating the season finales of ABC’s “The Middle,” “Don’t Trust a B…. in Apt. 23,” “Revenge,” NBC’s “Betty White Off Their Rockers,” “Law & Order: SVU.”
- · On Thursday night Univision held the #2 network rank among Adults 18-34 and ranked #4 among Adults 18-49. Univision’s entire primetime lineup ranked among the top 15 programs for the night and also out delivered NBC for the second consecutive night in both demographics.
ü At 8PM Univision premiered its newest novela starring Zuria Vega and Gabriel Soto as the main protagonists, “Un Refugio Para el Amor.” The novela delivered 2.6 million Viewers 2+, 1.2 million Adults 18-49, and 643,000 Adults 18-34.
- · For the seventh consecutive week, Univision was the #1 network on Friday night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü “La Que No Podia Amar” was the #1 program for the night among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü Univision’s entire primetime line-up including “Un Refugio Para el Amor,” “Abismo de Pasion,” and “La Que No Podia Amar” ranked among the top five programs Friday night among Adults 18-34 and ranked among the top ten programs for Adults 18-49.
ü In the current season Univision has been the #1 Network on Friday nights 89% of the time (32 out of 36 weeks) among Adults 18-34 more than any other broadcast network.
- · On Saturday night airing “Sabado Gigante” Univision ranked as the #2 network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) posted double digit gains compared to the previous week and attracted 2.1 Million Total Viewers 2+(+13%), 872,000 Adults 18-49 (+21%), and 351,000 Adults 18-34 viewers (+19%.) “Sabado Gigante” was the #3 program pick among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- · On Sunday night Univision maintained its rank as the #2 network among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. At 7PM Univision aired its red carpet special “Noche de Estrellas” (Night of Stars) followed by the 30th edition of “Premios TV y Novelas” (TV and Novelas Awards). Hosted by actress Jacqueline Bracamontes, TV presenter Alan Tacher, and supermodel/television personality Ximena Navarrete, this year’s “Premios TV y Novelas” ceremony featured appearances by today’s hottest telenovela actors and included a special tribute to Don Francisco, beloved host of Univision’s “Sábado Gigante” to commemorate the show’s 50th anniversary. Additionally, legendary Mexican actress Silvia Pinal was honored with the “A Life on Television” award.
ü The “Premios TV y Novelas” delivered 2.9 Million Total Viewer 2+ (up +10% compared to the prior year), 1.3 Million Adults 18-49 and 674,000 Adults 18-34.
ü The Awards show also ranked as the #1 program for the night among Adults 18-34 and ranked #3 among Adults 18-49.