via press release:
Univision was the #1 broadcast network for the entire week among Adults 18-34
Among Adults 18-49, Univision was the #1 Broadcast Network on Friday and Sunday Nights, and #3 – Ahead of FOX and CBS – for the Week
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of June 27, 2011 to July 3, 2011
- Univision ranked as the #1 broadcast network for the entire week among Adults 18-34, out-delivering FOX (+22%), ABC (+32%), NBC (+11%), and CBS (+157%).
- Univision ranked #1 on Friday night among Adults 18-49 and for the 13th consecutive Friday among Adults 18-34, airing the #1 program for the night “Pequeños Gigantes”. The Friday telecast featured guest appearances from Pepe Aquilar, Dulce Maria, Pablo Montero and K-Paz de la Sierra and drew in 3.9 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.8 million Adults 18-49, and 977,000 Adults 18-34 for the first round of eliminations.
- Univision aired 4 of the top 20 programs among A18-49 and 9 of the top 20 programs among A18-34 this past week.
- Univision out-delivered two or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- During the summer months Univision is up +8% among Total Viewers 2+ , +10% among Adults 18-49 and +6% among Adults 18-34.
- Thus far in 2011, Univision continues to be the #3 broadcast network averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than CBS (+7%) and NBC (+11%)
- Season-to-Date, Univision continues to post year-to-year primetime audience increases among Adults 18-49 (+8%) while the English-language broadcast networks are reporting audience declines (ABC -8%, CBS -9%, NBC -12%, and FOX -5%); Univision’s audience also increased among Total Viewers 2+ (+7%) and Adults 18-34 (+6%).
- Airing “Triunfo del Amor, Univision ranked as the #3 network this past week during the 9PM to 10PM hour among Adults 18-49 and #1 among Adults 18-34.
- On Sunday night, Univision was the #1 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 beating FOX, ABC, NBC, and CBS. Univision aired the #1 program for the night with its talent competition “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants) delivering more Adults 18-49 (1.8 Million) and Adults 18-34 (1 Million) than any other broadcast program.
- Led by “Teresa”, Univision ranked as the #1 broadcast network for the week from 8PM to 9PM among Adults 18-34.
- Univision was the #3 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-49, out-delivering FOX (+2%) and for the sixth consecutive week out-delivering CBS (+26%).
- This past weekend Univision aired the opening matches to Copa America 2011 including Saturday afternoon’s Columbia vs Costa Rica at 2:30PM and Sunday’s Brazil vs Venezuela match up at 3PM. Thus far in the tournament, Copa America is averaging 1.8 Million Total Viewers 2+, 1.1 Million Adults 18-49, and 568,000 Adults 18-34.
- Ranking among the top 5 programs for Saturday night among Adults 18-34, Univision’s “Sabado Gigante” ( Giant Saturday) solidified Univision’s position as the #2 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-49 (794,000) and Adults 18-34 (423,000) for the night beating ABC, NBC, and CBS.