via press release:
UNIVISION RANKS AS #1 NETWORK FOR THE NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-49 FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR AND AMONG ADULTS 18-34 FOR THE FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR, BEATING ABC, CBS, NBC AND FOX
“Premios Juventud” Reaches 10 Million Total Viewers
Eighth Annual Youth Awards Show Makes Univision Local Stations #1 in Total Day in Key Markets Across the Nation among Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Among More Demos
First-Ever Live Stream Backstage Experience Driving Strong Traffic on www.PremiosJuventud.com
MIAMI, FL – JULY 22, 2011 – Last night’s energy-packed broadcast of Univision’s “Premios Juventud” youth awards positioned it as the # 1 network, regardless of language, among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Men 18-49, Men 18-34, Women 18-49, Women 18-34, Kids 2-11, Teens 12-17 and Persons 12-34 for the entire night from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The electrifying awards show reached 10 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the broadcast on Thursday, July 21.
- Univision’s broadcast of Thursday night’s “Premios Juventud” awards show averaged:
- 4.6 million Total Viewers 2+
- 2.6 million Adults 18-49
- 1.6 million Adults 18-34
- 1.1 million Men 18-49
- 612,000 Men 18-34
- 1.6 million Women 18-49
- 961,000 Women 18-34
- 1.9 million Persons 12-34
- 667,000 Kids 2-11
- 342,000 Teens 12-17
- “Premios Juventud” was the top-rated program on all of television on Thursday night, regardless of language, among all Adults 18-34 (1.6 million) and Persons 12-34 (1.9 million) delivering more viewers in these key demographic groups than ABC’s entire line-up which consisted of original airings of “Wipeout,” “Expedition Impossible” and “Rookie Blue,” as well as CBS’ “Big Brother;” NBC’s “Love Bites;” and FOX’s “So You Think You Can Dance.”
- Univision had a strong advantage over its closest competitor on Thursday night, delivering 78% more Adult 18-34 viewers (+687,000) and 14% more Adult 18-49 viewers (+316,000) than CBS. Among Persons 12-34, Univision’s advantage over its closest competitor delivered 67% more viewers (+767,000) than ABC.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM Thursday (07/21/2011) 8:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume for Total Viewers 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (includes visitors). Live+SD.
“Premios Juventud” was the #1 broadcast program in the 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. time period among:
- Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Adults 18-49, Persons 12-34 and Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas (People 12-17 tie), Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento (People 12-17 tie)
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco
- Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento
The youth awards show was the #1 broadcast program in Total Day viewing (6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.) among:
- Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Phoenix
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
- Among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and San Francisco
- Among Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles, New York and Miami
- Among Teens 12-17 in New York, Miami and Houston
“Premios Juventud” on Univision local stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined in the following markets:
- In Miami among People 2+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54, Persons 12-34 and Teens 12-17
- In Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34
- In Houston among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54 and Teens 12-17
- In Dallas among Adults 18-34
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (7/21/2011), “Premios Juventud” aired 8:00-11:00 p.m. E/PT, 7:00-10:00 p.m. Central. Live+SD.
Traffic to www.PremiosJuventud.com is already outpacing previous years, driven by last night’s first-ever live stream backstage experience, with four simultaneous streams from never-before-seen angles of the stage and behind the scenes shots.
- Uniques to the site are up 65% compared to last year, visits up 69%, and page views are up 51% – and numbers will grow even further throughout the weekend.
- Over 147,000 fans have voted so far for their blue carpet favorites from the night, outpacing last year, and voting will continue through Sunday.
- Yesterday was the biggest day for the Univision App since it launched, with 19,000 uniques, over 27,000 visits, 528,000 page views and nearly 13,000 video views.
- Unprecedented social media efforts drove over 20,000 new Facebook fans and over 12,000 new Twitter followers to Univision’s “Premios Juventud” and Music pages throughout the day yesterday.
Source: Univision.com’s Media Rating Council Accredited U.S. & Puerto Rico Traffic Analytics; July Systems; Insights from Facebook and Twitter.
As the only show of its kind on Spanish-language television, “Premios Juventud” included 24 unique categories celebrating the preferences of today’s Hispanic youth in everything from music, film and sports, to fashion, novelas and pop culture.
Last night’s awards show featured some of the most anticipated duets and a history-making number of worldwide premieres. The night kicked off with Daddy Yankee and Prince Royce’s spectacular television debut of “Ven Conmigo.” Other highlights included Fanny Lu’s premiere of her new single, “Fanfarrón;” Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Nayer singing their blowout hit “Give Me Everything (Tonight);” and Ricky Martin, joined by dynamic reggaetón duo Wisin y Yandel, bringing his latest song “Frio” to the stage. One of the evening’s most touching moments came when Ricky Martin honored Antonio Banderas with the “Supernova” award in recognition of his work as one of the most important idols for Latin youth.
“Premios Juventud” winners were chosen by fans voting on www.PremiosJuventud.com online and on their mobile phones. The show featured more interactive content than ever before, including live backstage streaming and fan participation in Joey Montana’s in-show performance. The site is providing extensive post-show coverage of the winners and presenters, including the best show performances, which will be available on the site for the next month, plus exclusive interviews, photos, and unlimited access to behind-the-scenes. Video from the show will be accessible online and on the Univision and Univision Video Apps for Smartphones. The excitement continues as fans vote for the best outfits and hottest couples from the “Premios Juventud” carpet. Online voting opened Thursday night and will continue through Sunday, right before results are revealed on www.PremiosJuventud.com and on “Sal y Pimienta” (Salt and Pepper).
Featuring some of the show’s greatest moments from previous years and exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews, viewers are also able to enjoy the best in pre and post show content on Univision On Demand through August 22. The entire awards show will be also be available on Univision On Demand starting today.
About Univision Communications Inc
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the premier media company serving Hispanic America. Its assets include Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 97% of U.S. Hispanic households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, reaching 86% of U.S. Hispanic households and Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network, and a suite of six cable offerings – De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson, Telehit and Clásico TV; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for the Company’s platforms; Univision Local Media, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations and 70 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Interactive Media, a network of national and local online and mobile sites including Univision.com, which continues to be the #1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, Univision Móvil, a longstanding industry-leader with unique, relevant mobile products and services, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.univision.net.