via press release:
USA DOMINATES WEDNESDAY NIGHT!
After earning season highs for WHITE COLLAR and COVERT AFFAIRS on Tuesday night, USA further proved its summer domination of the television landscape with ROYAL PAINS and NECESSARY ROUGHNESS Wednesday night!
After moving to a new night last week, ROYAL PAINS jumped to over 2 million in both P25-54 and P18-49 in week 2 and was up across the board, and the second outing of the new USA hit NECESSARY ROUGHNESS showed excellent retention vs last week’s premiere and grew P18-34.
ROYAL PAINS (#1 show of the day in P18-49, P25-54 & total viewers)
- P25-54: 2.2 million (+7%)
- P18-49: 2 million (+11% vs. premiere)
- P18-34: 848,000 (+3%)
- Total Viewers: 5 million (up +15,000 viewers, +0.3%)
NECESSARY ROUGHNESS (#2 in Prime behind only ROYAL PAINS)
- P25-54: 1.9 million (91% retention of season premiere; 700,000/+60% more than #3 show “Franklin and Bash”)
- P18-49: 1.7 million (96% retention; 412,000/+33% more than #3 show “Challenge: Rivals”)
- P18-34: 635,000 (+7% over last week’s premiere)
- Total Viewers: 4.4 million (95% retention)