via press release:
USA ORIGINALS LEAD WAY TO RATINGS WIN
FAIRLY LEGAL #1 Scripted New Series Year-To-Date
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – February 1, 2010 –In the fifth week of 2011, USA was the most watched network in cable’s prime among P25-54 (1.25 million), P18-49 (1.11 million), total viewers (3.06 million), and households (2.27 million) while earning the top household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.27). USA was the only network to average over 3 million in total viewers or 2 million households in this week’s prime thanks to scripted originals WHITE COLLAR, ROYAL PAINS and FAIRLY LEGAL, strong acquired series, and WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW.
Four of the top five P25-54 scripted telecasts of the week were on USA, including all three of the networks current original series (ROYAL PAINS, WHITE COLLAR, and FAIRLY LEGAL) and an episode of the top acquired series on cable—NCIS. USA also held seven of the top ten P25-54 scripted telecast, two of the top five P18-49 scripted telecasts, and three of the top five in households viewing.
- WHITE COLLAR was the most watched drama on cable Tuesday among P25-54 (1.85 million), P18-49 (1.77 million), P18-34 (910,000), total viewers (3.90 million), and households (2.83 million). WHITE COLLAR delivered more P18-34 (910,000) and M18-34 (428,000) than any scripted hour on television, broadcast or cable. WHITE COLLAR beating anything on broadcast head-to-head in delivering P18-34, outperforming ABC and CBS in P18-49 and ABC among total viewers.
- ROYAL PAINS and FAIRLY LEGAL were Thursday’s top two scripted series in cable prime among P25-54 (RP 1.98 million/FL 1.60 million), P18-49 (1.62 million/1.36 million), total viewers (4.34 million/4.10 million), and households (3.21 million/3.10 million) and the top dramas for P18-34 (650,000/471,000). Both USA Originals outperformed ABC head-to-head among male viewers (M18-34/18-49/25-54/total males). In the 10pm hour, FAIRLY LEGAL also beat ABC in households and all persons measurements (P18-34/18-49/25-54/ total viewers.)
- FAIRLY LEGAL is the most successful scripted hour to launch this year to date among P25-54, total viewers, and households, beating out such new shows as Skin and Lights Out.
- Both hours of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW placed in the week’s top ten entertainment telecasts among P25-54 (2.28 million), total viewers (4.90 million), and households (3.29 million). In WWE RAW’s 9pm-11pm time period, USA delivered more M18-34 and M18-49 than any broadcaster, more P18-34 than CBS, and more M25-54 and total males than ABC or FOX.”
- NCIS and LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT were the two most-watched acquired series on cable this week among P25-54 (SVU 1.36 million/NCIS 1.24 million), total viewers (3.29 million / 3.53 million), and households (2.41 million / 2.67 million)
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.