via press release:
USA WINS 20TH CONSECUTIVE QUARTER
USA was Most Watched in Basic Cable prime for 2Q11;
No other Cable Network Broke 3 Million Mark in Total Viewer
NEW YORK, NEW YORK –June 21 2011– USA won 2Q11, extending its unprecedented run as the #1 ad-supported cable entertainment network in prime among total viewers to 20 consecutive quarters as 3.01 million came to the all entertainment network, beating NBA-fueled TNT by +11% as well as topping TNT in households with 2.27 million, +14% over TNT. TNT was the only network to outpace USA in P25-54 (1.23 million), P18-49 (1.14 million), or P18-34 (477,000) this quarter. USA also earned the quarter’s best household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.26, +0.27 over #2 TNT).
More of the quarter’s top 40 scripted telecasts were on USA than on any other network for both P25-54 (14) and P18-49 (10).
- COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR have started out with a strong summer, delivering more total viewers (CA 4.92 million / WC 4.30 million) and households (3.70MM / 3.25MM) than anything else on cable on the Tuesday nights they have aired this season to date. WHITE COLLAR delivered more total viewers and households in its Tuesday 9pm timeslot than anything else on cable and was the top cable scripted fare in the timeslot for P25-54, P18-49, and P18-34 while outperforming CBS and FOX in P18-49 delivery and beating FOX in P25-54, P18-34, total viewers, and households as well. When USA aired COVERT AFFAIRS Tuesdays at 10pm this quarter, the network delivered more P18-49, P25-54, total viewers, and households than anything else on cable head to head while outperforming CBS in P18-49, P25-54, and P18-34.
- The Season 10 premiere of LAW & ORDER CRIMINAL INTENT on 5/1 was the most watched episode of the show since new episodes began airing on USA with 5.64 million total viewers and 4.40 million households tuning in. More P25-54 (2.55 million) and P18-49 (2.22 million) watched this telecast than any episode since the Season 8 premiere on 4/19/09. Compared to episodes in 2Q10, CI is up double-digits in most demos, delivering +13% more P25-54 (1.78 million), +14% more P18-49 (1.60 million), +8% more P18-34 (545,000), +21% more total viewers (4.26 million), and +19% more households (3.30 million) this year. When USA aired LAW & ORDER CRIMINAL INTENT Sundays at 9pm in 2Q11, it delivered more total females than FOX.
- More total viewers watched the new season of USA’s IN PLAIN SIGHT (4.41 million) than any other scripted original series in 2Q11’s basic cable prime. The 5/1 Season 4 premiere of IN PLAIN SIGHT delivered more P18-49 (1.83 million) and P18-34 (632,000) than all but one episode of Season 3. Season to date, the series has delivered +7% more P25-54 (1.93 million) than it did in 2Q10, +12% more P18-49 (1.70 million), +12% more P18-34 (577,000), +3% more total viewers (4.41 million), and +3% more households (3.31 million).
- WWE TOUGH ENOUGH is the #2 new reality series of the year to date among total viewers (2.74 million).
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW had a championship quarter, growing year to year across the board: P25-54 (2.49 million) +6%, P18-49 (2.51 million) +6%, P18-34 (1.21 million) +10%, total viewers (5.22 million) +7%, and households (3.46 million) +3%. More total viewers watching cable Mondays from 9pm-11pm tuned to USA’s WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW than anything else in 2Q11. WWE RAW continues to hold the title as the #1 choice for M18-34 in its usual Monday 9pm-11pm timeslot, beating every network on television, broadcast or cable, except for CBS in M18-49, ABC and CBS in P18-49, P18-34, and total males. WWE RAW delivered more P25-54 than FOX head to head this quarter
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBCUniversal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.