via NBC Universal press release:
USA CONTINUES SWEEP WITH 15TH CONSECUTIVE WEEKLY WIN
Continuing to Beat Broadcaster CW
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – April 14, 2009 – USA continued its sweep of the year last week with its 15th consecutive weekly win among ad-supported entertainment networks in P25-54, total viewers and households. Driven by originals, the top acquired series on cable and the #1 movie of the week, USA out-performed The CW again by double digits in key demos, maintaining wide margins over P18-49 (+42%), P25-54 (+62%), P18-34 (+10%) and total viewers (+75%) this week, and beat “Big 4” broadcasters in 11 primetime hours, as well as securing the top position among P18-49 in basic cable prime.
Half of the week’s top ten P25-54 telecasts, including WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and episodes of NCIS, were on USA. No other network placed more than one telecast in this top tier.
· RAW dominated basic cable prime again this week, taking the top two telecasts of the night and delivering more P25-54 (2.93 million), P18-49 (2.95 million), total viewers (5.95 million) and households (3.87 million) than any other show in the daypart. RAW was also the only show on basic cable prime to deliver a telecast audience over 3 million P25-54, 3 million P18-49, 6 million total viewers or 3.5 million households. More P18-34, M18-49, M25-54, and total males watched RAW than anything on ABC’s prime Monday. In Monday’s 10P hour, RAW was second only to CBS (NCAA Basketball Coverage) among all male demos. Throughout the week’s primetime, RAW delivered more P18-49 than “Numb3rs” on CBS, the series premiere of “The Unusuals” and “Scrubs” on ABC, and “Dollhouse” and “Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles” on FOX.
· NCIS and HOUSE were the top two acquired series on cable this week among P25-54 (1.48 million and 1.18 million, respectively), P18-49 (1.24 million / 1.15 million), total viewers (3.35 million / 2.48 million) and households (2.55 million / 1.88 million), helping USA win every night but Wednesday this week. NCIS was the only acquired series to place telecasts in the week’s P25-54 top ten, and No other acquired series was able to break through to over 3 million total viewers or 2 million households in basic cable prime this week.
· USA registered victories over broadcast in 11 hours this week, with episodes of RAW, HOUSE, NCIS and the top movie of the week, NATIONAL TREASURE.
· USA registered its 15th consecutive week as the #1 network in basic cable prime this week – every week this year to date – among P25-54 (1.46 million, +56% over #2 TBS), total viewers (3.08 million, +34% over #2 FOXNC and +46% over the #2 entertainment network, DSNY) and households (2.25 million, +27% over #2 FOXNC and +39% over the #2 entertainment network, DSNY). USA also maintained its position as the #1 network among P18-49 (1.37 million, +28% over #2 TBS) and earned the largest household coverage rating at 2.28 (+0.44 over #2 FOXNC and +0.63 over the #2 entertainment network, DSNY).
· USA was the only cable network to deliver over 1 million P25-54, 3 million total viewers or 2 million households in prime this week.
*Note: all weekly daypart and program data is Live+SD.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and is home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.