via press release:
APRIL SHOWERS FUEL TV WITH VIEWERSHIP GROWTH
UFC® Buoys Network, Continues to Deliver Audience Records
LOS ANGELES, CA – FUEL TV is on a ratings roll in 2012, and that trend continued in April. FOX Sports Media Group’s dynamic sports network for males continues as television’s fastest-growing cable network last month and for the year, according to figures released by Nielsen Media Research. FUEL TV has recorded the largest year-to-year percentage increases of total viewers in both prime time and total day in April and this year among all rated, ad-supported cable networks.
FUEL TV saw the prime and late night viewership growth powered by 340 hours of Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) programming in April, including a live bout on April 14 that delivered FUEL TV the most-watched day and most-watched show in its target demo ever. FUEL TV’s 340 hours of UFC programming in April is up from 213 hours in March, and sets a single month mark, passing the previous record of 233 set in February.
FUEL TV April 2012 Audience Highlights:
· April 2012 was up +260% in Total Viewers and +450% in M18-49 vs. April 2011;
· Prime time viewership grew +275% on Total Viewers and +250% among M18-49 compared to April 2011;
· Late night finished up +767% on Total Viewers and +1000% among M18-49 from April 2011;
- UFC on FUEL TV Fight Night on April 14 delivered the most-watched day in network history (on both Total Viewers and M18-49) with an average of 71,000 Total Viewers and 44,000 M18-49, +1320% and +2100%, respectively, vs. April 2011;
· UFC on FUEL TV Fight Night on April 14 was the second most-watched program in network history, with 197,000 Total Viewers and the most-watched telecast in network history among the target demo of M18-49 with 142,000;
· The program peaked at 298,000 Total Viewers from 5:30pm ET – 5:45pm ET.
· April 2012 was the network’s second most-watched month ever, behind February 2012.
· For the first four months of 2012, prime time viewership is averaging an increase of +209% over 2011, and total day is up +125% compared to 2011.
“We’re elated that FUEL TV continues to see incredible ratings gains as a direct result of our UFC partnership, especially the live event audiences,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. “I look forward to more live fights, as well as all-new UFC shoulder programming that continue to help our FUEL TV brand grow in ratings.”
FUEL TV telecasts the prelims for UFC ON FOX: DIAZ VS. MILLER on May 5 at 5:00 PM ET and wraps coverage with its Postfight Show at 10:00 PM ET. The network’s next live fight is Tuesday, April 15 with UFC ON FUEL TV: KOREAN ZOMBIE VS. POIRIER.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecasts more than 2,000 hours of UFC programming, with more than 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- and postfight shows. In this year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than any network has ever offered. Below are the April ’12 vs. April ’11 ratings comparisons:
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/. For more information, go to www.fuel.tv, www.fuel.tv/ufc, on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv, and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV