via press release:
Colin’s New Football Show Debuts Sept. 8
Colin’s New Football Show puts Colin Cowherd’s opinions, unique take on football and irreverent view of life on full display every Sunday morning, debuting this Sunday, Sept. 8, at 9 a.m. ET on ESPN2.
Cowherd, who has hosted The Herd with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio since 2004, will begin each show with his unique view on a timely football story. College and professional football will be covered during the 60-minute program as Cowherd puts the period on Saturday action. “College football deserves more respect on Sundays,” said Cowherd. Then, he will talk football to prepare fans for games later that day.
“Colin’s New Football Show will be entirely from Colin’s perspective,” said Jamie Horowitz, vice president, original programming and production. “It’s a cool and alternative pregame show with Colin, a football outsider on the inside, letting fans know the key stories of the day in his own style.”
Cowherd added, “This won’t be your typical pregame show because I’m hosting it and I’ve never played in the league and I don’t even know that many people who did play in the league. We know what we are, and what we’re not. And we’re not going to take ourselves too seriously. The show is me and smart, funny guys hopefully coming on the show and making it better. I’m really excited for it.”
The set is designed as a kitchen and living room. Cowherd and guests will sit at a breakfast bar area and have a conversation about different aspects of football.
Guests each week will include:
- Matthew Berry, fantasy football expert, discussing the “Fantasy Fiveski”
- Chad Millman, ESPN The Magazine editor-in-chief
- Tom Waddle, former Chicago Bears wide receiver, current ESPN Radio and ESPN Radio Chicago NFL analyst
Additional segments, not found on the typical pre-game show:
- Digital originals – original digital shorts featuring Cowherd debuting on You Tube during the week will be used going in and out of breaks, including interviews with Bristol “Car Wash” guests conducted in a prop closet
- Fake infomercials for “Colin-created” products
- Cash, Car, Kids Game – viewers can play along from home and make picks with Cowherd.