via press release:
Disney Channel Scorches the Competition in Summer 2011
Disney Channel is TV’s No. 1 Network in Total Day Among Tweens 9-14
for the 6th Consecutive Summer and for the 3rd Straight Among Kids 6-11
“A.N.T. Farm” and “Phineas and Ferb” Tie as TV’s No. 1 Series in Kids 6-11;
“A.N.T. Farm” and “Good Luck Charlie” Tie as TV’s Top 2 Series in Tweens 9-14
”Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” is TV’s No. 1 Telecast in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14, and Cable’s No. 1 Scripted Telecast in Total Viewers
Disney Channel – Summer 2011
During Summer 2011, Disney Channel ranked as TV’s No. 1 network in Total Day for the 6th consecutive summer in Tweens 9-14 (656,000/2.7 rating) and for the 3rd straight summer in Kids 6-11 (825,000/3.3 rating), closing out the summer with an 11-week win streak in both key demos. In addition, this was the network’s most-watched summer on record in Kids 6-11.
In Prime Disney Channel easily dominated the competition, ranking No. 1 in both Kids 6-11 (1.27 million/5.1 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (975,000/4.0 rating). In Total Viewers (2.7 million) the channel ranked as cable’s No. 2 network for the 4th consecutive summer.
- The premiere of original movie “Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” was TV’s No. 1 telecast of Summer 2011 in Kids 6-11 (4.7 million/18.9 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (3.6 million/14.87 rating), and the No. 1 scripted cable telecast in Total Viewers (10.7 million).
- As a reminder, “Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” is the most-watched animated cable telecast on record in Kids 2-11 (6.233 million), and the No. 2 animated cable telecast in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
- “Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” is cable’s No. 5 movie of all time in Total Viewers (10.8 million).
- Disney Channel owned TV’s Top 9 series during summer in Kids 6-11 with the Top 5 below:
- Disney Channel owned TV’s Top 11 series during summer in Tweens 9-14 with the Top 5 below:
Source: Nielsen Media Research, most current; Summer 11: 5/30/11-8/28/11; Summer 10: 5/31-8/29/10; Ratings based on national rating unless otherwise noted. Total Day ranks includes ties based on rating. Kids 6-11/Tween 9-14 program ranks based on trackage level data, minimum 5 telecasts