via press release:
ESPN to Showcase Top High School Signees and Recruits in Five Marquee Basketball Events Throughout April
ESPN 100 Players Participate in Three All-Star Games Hosted in NBA Arenas and National Tournament Concluding at Madison Square Garden
ESPN will televise five marquee high school basketball events and a College Basketball Signing Day Special between Monday, March 31 and Friday, April 18, to conclude the 2013-14 high school basketball season. Duke signee Jahlil Okafor, No. 1 on the ESPN 100, uncommitted recruit Myles Turner, No. 2 on the ESPN 100, and a plethora of other ESPN 100 signees highlight the rosters in three prestigious all-star games held in NBA arenas – The McDonald’s All American Game at the United Center in Chicago, Ill., Nike Hoop Summit at Moda Center in Portland, Ore., and Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. A field which includes seven of the top 8 high school teams in the country, and ten ESPN 100s competing with their high school teams for the last time, participate in the DICK’S Sporting Goods High School National Tournament in New York City, which concludes at Madison Square Garden. The POWERADE Jam Fest puts boys and girls McDonald’s All Americans individual talents on display in the annual skills competition. ESPNU’s College Basketball Signing Day Special completes college basketball’s recruiting season with a one-hour special which evaluates college basketball’s 2014-15 incoming freshmen and top programs’ recruiting classes.
- 2014 McDonald’s All American Games, POWERADE Jam Fest in Chicago, Ill.: Monday, March 31, at 9 p.m. on ESPNU
- Girls and boys McDonald’s All Americans participate in a skills and three-point shooting competition. The boys will also participate in a slam dunk competition. The annual event is a prelude to the McDonald’s All American Game.
More information: Click Here
- 2014 McDonald’s All American Games from the United Center in Chicago, Ill: Wednesday, April 2, at 7 p.m. on ESPNU (girls) and 9:30 p.m. on ESPN (boys)
- Twenty-four ESPN 100s participate in the annual all-star game. Jahlil Okafor, No. 1 on ESPN 100 and Duke signee and Myles Turner, No. 2 on ESPN 100 and uncommitted, highlight rosters which feature the top 15 and 19 of the top 20 ESPN 100s. McDonald’s All Americans have signed with many top schools including Arizona, Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio State, Seton Hall, SMU, Stanford and UCLA.
- The girls’ McDonald’s All American roster includes the top 13 espnW HoopGurlz Top 100. A’ja Wilson, No. 1 on the espnW HoopGurlz 100, highlights the roster and remains undecided. McDonald’s All Americans have signed with California, Duke, Florida State, Illinois, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and UConn among others.
More information: Click Here
- 2014 DICK’S Sporting Goods High School National Tournament from New York City, Championship in Madison Square Garden: Thursday, April 3, through Saturday, April 5, across ESPNU, ESPN2 and ESPN
- Debuting in New York City, the DICK’S Sporting Goods National High School Tournament features impressive fields in both the boys’ (eight teams) and girls’ (four teams) tournament. The boys’ tournament will feature seven of the top eight teams in the USA Today High School Super 25 rankings, including No. 1 Montverde Academy (Fla.), and ten ESPN 100s playing with their high school team for the last time. Also featured in the tournament, seven ESPN 60s (class of ’15) and two ESPN 25s (Class of ’16). ESPN 100s participating have signed with Arizona, Gonzaga, Kansas, Louisville, NC State, and Providence.
- The girls’ tournament features two ranked teams in the USA Today High School Girls Super 25, No. 10 Riverdale Baptist (Md.) – who won the tournament in 2012 – and No. 19 Miami Senior (Fla.). Fremont (Utah) and Edgewater (Fla.) round out the tournament’s field.
More information and full schedule: Click here
- 2014 Nike Hoop Summit – USA Basketball Junior National Select Team vs. World Select Team from the Moda Center in Portland, Ore.: Saturday, April 12, at 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- Eleven of top 15, including top six – Jahlil Okafor (Duke) Myles Turner, Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Tyus Jones (Duke), Emmanuel Mudiay (Southern Methodist) and Trey Lyles (Kentucky) — ESPN 100s will participate in this annual basketball game featuring many of the world’s leading basketball players age 19 years old or younger.
- The USA Basketball Junior National Select Team’s roster, highlighted by Okafor, Turner, and Alexander, features recruits who have signed on to play at Arizona, Duke, Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina, and Stanford. Myles Turner is the lone USA player who remains uncommitted.
- The World Select Team’s roster, highlighted by Jones and Mudiay, also features Brandone Francis, who has signed with Florida.
More information: Click Here
- College Basketball Signing Day Special: Wednesday, April 16, at 3 p.m. on ESPNU
- ESPN recruiting director Paul Biancardi joins college basketball reporter Jeff Goodman in studio with host Matt Schick to evaluate the incoming freshmen class for college basketball’s top programs. Additionally, No. 2 on the ESPN 100, Myles Turner remains uncommitted, will be discussed.
- A’ja Wilson, No. 1 on ESPNW HoopGurlz Top 100, remains uncommitted. Her possible destinations will be discussed.
- 2014 Jordan Brand Classic from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.: Friday April 18, at 7 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- The final all-star game for high school seniors features each of the top five ESPN 100s — Jahlil Okafor (Duke) Myles Turner, Cliff Alexander (Kansas), and Tyus Jones (Duke), and Emmanuel Mudiay (Southern Methodist) — and 26 top recruits all together. Other seniors participating have signed with Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, St. Joes, Seton Hall, Syracuse, UConn, and UNLV among others. New this year, ESPN3 Surround will offer fans unique camera angles throughout the game.
More information: Click here
ESPN High School Basketball Programming Schedule (March 31 – April 18)
|Mon, March 31||9 p.m.||2014 McDonald’s All American Games, POWERADE Jam Fest||Chicago, Ill.||ESPNU|
|Wed, April 2||Girls: 7 p.m.Boys: 9:30 p.m.||McDonald’s All-American Games||The United Center in Chicago, Ill.||Girls: ESPNUBoys: ESPN|
|Thurs, April 3 – Sat, April 5||Tournament Schedule||DICK’S Sporting Goods High School National Tournament||Christ the King High School & Madison Square Garden in New York||ESPNU, ESPN2 & ESPN|
|Sat, April 12||7 p.m.||2014 Nike Hoop Summit||Moda Center in Portland, Ore.||ESPN2|
|Wed, April 16||3 p.m.||ESPNU Signing Day Special||ESPNU Studios||ESPNU|
|Friday, April 18||7 p.m.||Jordan Brand Classic||Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.||ESPN2 & ESPN3|