via press release:
FOXSPORTS.COM SUMMER OLYMPICS COVERAGE SMASHES TRAFFIC RECORDS
Sets High-Water Marks for Two Best Weeks Ever and Best Day Ever
FOXSports.com took home the gold for its coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympics, drawing record traffic.
- Traffic to FOXSports.com during the 2012 London Olympics was more than three times that of its traffic during the 2008 Beijing Games, including web and mobile (177.3 million visits vs. 55.4 million visits, +220%)*.
· Video traffic grew nearly 1400% compared to 2008 Beijing Games (37.6 million streams vs. 2.5 million streams)**.
· FOXSports.com attracted a total of 74 million visits during the second full week of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, making it the best week ever for the site*.
· The London Games contributed to the two best days ever for FOXSports.com:
o Best Day Ever: Monday, July 30, 2012, 11.4 million visits*
o 2nd Best Day Ever: Monday, August 6, 2012, 10.7 million visits*
- FOXSports.com’s Olympics traffic outperformed NBCOlympics.com during opening weekend (7/23 – 7/29). FOXSports.com’s Olympics section saw nearly 11 million unique visitors during opening weekend, capturing 46% more fans than NBCOlympics.com (7.4 million), the official U.S. rights holder^.
*According to Unica NetInsight
**According to Omniture Sitecatalyst
^According to comScore