HUGE “NBC NIGHTLY NEWS” RATINGS WIN
BEST TOTAL VIEWER DELIVERY AND ADVANTAGE OVER ABC SINCE OLYMPICS
BEST SINGLE-DAY DELIVERY SINCE EGYPTIAN REVOLUTION
via press release:
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was the most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending November 23, 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast averaged 10.153 million total viewers, +1,897,000 more than ABC “World News’” 8.256 million, and +3,101,000 more than CBS “Evening News’” 7.052 million.
This marks Nightly’s best total viewer delivery since the week of July 30, 2012 (week #1 of London Olympics), and best viewer advantage over World News since the week of August 6, 2012 (week #2 of Olympics).
On Friday, Nightly averaged 12.091 million viewers, the best single-day delivery since February 1, 2011 (height of the Egyptian revolution).
“NBC Nightly News” Weekly Highlights:
- Nightly delivered 10.153 million total viewers, +23% (+1,897,000) more than ABC World News and +44% (+3,101,000) more than CBS Evening News.
- Nightly averaged a 6.8/12 Household rating, ahead of ABC’s 5.5/11 and CBS’ 4.8/8.
- Nightly has won for 167 consecutive weeks in total viewers, and in 214 of the past 215 weeks.
- Nightly delivered a 2.2 A25-54 rating, +5 tenths ahead of ABC’s 1.7 rating and +6 tenths more than CBS’s 1.6 rating.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.658 million viewers, +617,000 viewers ahead of World News’ 2.041 million and +750,000 ahead of Evening News’ 1.908 million.
- Nightly has topped World News in A25-54 (000) for 209 consecutive weeks.
- Versus the same week last season, Nightly was up +2% in total viewers and +4% among rating W25-54.
Quarter and Season-to-Date Highlights:
- Versus the 4Q’12-to-date average, Nightly was up +25% in total viewers, +16% among Adults 25-54, +14% among Women 25-54, and +18% among Men 25-54.
- Season-to-date, Nightly leads World News by +644,000 total viewers, and by +341,000 Adult 25-54 viewers.
NOTE: Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, Nightly is based on a three-day average (Mon, Tue and Fri), while ABC and CBS are based on two-day averages (Mon and Tue).
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.” For more news and information about “NBC Nightly News,” go to http://www.nbcnightlynews.com.