via press release:
‘TODAY’ IS #1 FOR JULY SWEEP
TODAY Wins the July 2015 Sweep Topping GMA in the Key Demo A25-54 TODAY Posts Its First July Sweep Win In Three Years TODAY Cuts the Total Viewer Gap with GMA by a Giant 298k Vs. July 2014 TODAY Continues as the #1 Morning News Show in A18-49
NEW YORK – August 7, 2015 – NBC’s TODAY was the number-one morning news show for the July 2015 sweep, topping Good Morning America in the key demo A25-54. This marks TODAY’s first July sweep win in three years, since 2012. TODAY also cut the total viewer gap with GMA by a massive 298k (43%) versus July 2014. TODAY continues as the number-one morning show in A18-49.
July Sweep 2015
- TODAY finished #1 in the July sweep among A25-54 viewers, its first sweep victory since February 2014 and first July sweep win in three years
- TODAY also placed first among A18-49 viewers, making it the first July win in both demos since 2012
- TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 298k (43%) versus July 2014 levels. The gap was just 392k in July 2015 versus 690k in July 2014.
TODAY averaged 1.533 million A25-54 viewers, +1,000 viewer ahead of GMA and +633,000 viewers (+70%) more than CBS This Morning
- This represents TODAY’s first A25-54 win during a sweep since February 2014 and its first July sweep demo win since 2012
- TODAY’s winning margin was a 100% turnaround compared to last July’s -223,000 demo loss to GMA
TODAY averaged 1.122 million A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +7% (+72,000) and CBS by +76% (+483,000)
- TODAY has now won 23 of the last 24 July sweeps in A18-49 viewers
Among total viewers, TODAY averaged 4.076 million and led CBS by +29% (+920,000)
- The total viewer gap between TODAY and GMA was 43% closer than in July 2014
Streaks: TODAY has also won
- 26 consecutive July sweeps in M18-49
- 19 of the last 21 July sweeps in W18-49
|JULY 2015 SWEEP||P2+Imps||P18-49Rtg||P18-49Imps||P25-54Rtg||P25-54Imps|
|CBS THIS MORNING||3,156||0.50||639||0.75||900|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||4,468||0.83||1,050||1.28||1,532|
For the 13th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo. Almost 30 million unique visitors turned to Today.com in June for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 21 consecutive months (28 out of the last 29), Today.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo.
Additionally, Today.com’s mobile unique visitors have grown +62% over the last 12 months while GMA on Yahoo has declined -5% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to nearly 2.5x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in June 2015.
NBC’s TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, Noah Oppenheim is the SVP and Executive in Charge, and Don Nash is the executive producer.