via press release:
English & Spanish Language Viewership Tops 1.3 Million; Up 72% vs. 2011
New York — This Mother’s Day edition of Survival Sunday produced the mother of all days for the Barclays Premier League and world-class European soccer in the United States, as nine of the day’s ten games were carried by a FOX Sports Media Group network or platform, a first in U.S. television history.
Manchester City’s dramatic, come-from-behind victory on the season’s final day in extra-time had the feeling of a Hollywood script and delivered the team its first Premier League championship in 44 years. At the same time, their shocking win snatched what looked like a cinch 20th Premier League crown away from perennial powerhouse, Manchester United. The shift in emotion for team supporters was seismic.
Led by FX, FSMG networks SPEED, FSN, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, along with digital platforms FOXSoccer.com and FOX Soccer 2Go, carried nine matches live at 10:00 AM ET (5/13). The tenth game was televised by ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes.
According to audience figures compiled by Nielsen Media Research, the English language (FX, SPEED, FOX Soccer, FSN, FUEL TV & ESPN2) and Spanish language (FOX Deportes & ESPN Deportes) viewership in the United States for Survival Sunday came in at 1,348,000, up +72% over the combined viewing on FOX Soccer, FOX Deportes, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes on Survival Sunday 2011 (728,000).
Here are additional highlights from Survival Sunday 2012:
• The English language audience on the FOX-outlets (392,000) and ESPN2 (600,000) combined for 992,000 viewers, up +80% over the combined viewing on ESPN2 and FOX Soccer a year ago (550,000).
• English-language viewership on FOX outlets (392,000) was +160% vs. 2011
(151,000). The breakdown is as follows: FX – 161,000; FOX Soccer – 77,000; SPEED –
53,000; FSN – 59,000; FUEL TV – 42,000.
• FOX Deportes recorded 167,000 viewers Sunday, +120% over a year ago (76,000); ESPN Deportes drew 189,000 viewers.
• *Unique visitors to FOXSoccer.com on Sunday were 420,000, +278% from last Survival
Sunday (111,000) and +143% compared to the usual Sunday average during the Barclays Premier League season (173,000).
*Source: Unica NetInsight
• +FOXSoccer.com and FOX Soccer 2Go combined for 41,522 live video streams.
+Source: Omniture SiteCatalyst