via press release:
Three-time Gold Medalist Kerri Walsh and Social Media Strategist Amy Jo Martin to attend espnW: Women + Sports Summit
Walsh Joins Fellow Olympians Aly Raisman and Carmelita Jeter; Founder and CEO of Digital Royalty, Martin Talks Women and Social Media
Kerri Walsh, beach volleyball player and three-time Olympic Gold medalist, will join fellow Olympians gymnast and two-time Gold medalist Aly Raisman and sprinter and three-time medalist Carmelita Jeter at the third annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit presented by Lexus, Oct. 1-3, in Tucson, Ariz.. Additionally, Founder and CEO of Digital Royalty, Amy Jo Martin will present “How Women are Using Social Media to Innovate.” This year’s Summit, The Future Is Ours, will focus on the significant role of women in sports through a mix of panel discussions, interactive work sessions and speakers. Walsh and Martin’s panels will both be available via Livestream.
Seven key panels and speakers will be available via Livestream at espnW.com/Summit .
Updated Livestream Schedule (All times ET)
– Monday, Oct. 1, 9:30 p.m. ET – “Join the rEVEolution” with Faith Popcorn (BrainReserve)
– Tuesday, Oct. 2, 3:45 p.m. – “A Global Perspective on Women’s Sports” with Stacey Allaster (WTA), Mary Wittenberg (NYRR), Rahul Brahmbhatt (Magic Bus USA) and Shamila Kohestani (Women’s Afghan National Soccer Team) moderated by Chris McKendry
– Tuesday, Oct. 2, 9:45 p.m. – “The WNBA: a Story of Commitment, Resilience, and Innovation” with Adam Silver (NBA) and John Skipper (ESPN), hosted by Hannah Storm
– Tuesday, Oct. 2, 11:15 p.m. – “World-Class Athletes: the Ultimate Multi-Taskers” featuring Carmelita Jeter, Kristine Lilly and Gabrielle Reece, hosted by Jemele Hill
– Wednesday, Oct. 3, 11 a.m. – “How Women are Using Social Media to Innovate” with Amy Jo Martin
– Wednesday, Oct. 3, 4 p.m. – “An Olympic Gold Session” with Kerri Walsh followed by “Voices of the Future” with Lakey Peterson, Sasha Digiulian and Aly Raisman, moderated by Julie Foudy
espnW’s mission is to connect female fans with the sports they love and follow. espnW.com provides an engaging environment where women are an integral part of the sports conversation, share their perspective on men’s and women’s sports and find the motivation and support for their athletic goals and interests. Founded in July 2010, espnW, [espnW.com], is an emerging business that consists primarily of a digital product suite including pc web, mobile web and social media. espnW is also supported by a strong social media presence on Twitter and Facebook. The Women’s Sports Foundation is a charity of choice of espnW.