via ABC press release:

Ratings Report for ABC News’ “This Week with George Stephanopoulos”

For Sunday, June 7, 2009

“THIS WEEK” IS #1 AMONG TOTAL VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54

“THIS WEEK” IS THE ONLY SUNDAY MORNING SHOW TO GROW

WEEK TO WEEK AND YEAR TO YEAR

YEAR-TO-DATE, “THIS WEEK” CONTINUES TO CLOSE THE

TOTAL VIEWING AND DEMO GAPS WITH “MEET THE PRESS”

On Sunday June 7, ABC News “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” was the No. 1 Sunday morning show, with 3.11 million Total Viewers and 1.05 million Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen Media Research. NBC’s “Meet the Press” was pre-empted for the French Open. In “Meet’s” absence, “This Week” was the only Sunday morning show to experience growth week to week (+28% in Total Viewers, +36% among Adults 25-54) and year to year (+3% in Total Viewers, +5% in A25-54). In comparison, CBS’ “Face the Nation” held steady week to week, with 2.49 million Total Viewers, and declined in the demo by 8% week to week. Versus last year, “Face” declined -21% in Total Viewers and -24% in A25-54.

Year to date, “This Week” is up the most in Total Viewers vs. the same period last year, with an average of 3.12 million Total Viewers, an increase of 10%. In comparison, “Meet” has declined -9%, and “Face” has increased +8% vs. last year. In addition, “This Week” continues to cut into “Meet the Press'” lead among both Total Viewers and Adults 25-54. For 2009 so far, “This Week” has closed the total viewing gap with “Meet” by 51% (660,000 in 2009 vs. 1,340,000 in 2008) compared to last year. In Adults 25-54, the gap has been cut by 32% versus the same time period last year (300,000 in 2009 vs. 440,000 in 2008).

Season to date, “This Week” continues to dominate the second-place position among Total Viewers and A25-54 and to experience the most growth among Total Viewers compared to the other Sunday shows versus last year. Averaging 3.21 million Total Viewers, the ABC show versus last year is up 16% and +9% in the demo with 1.10 million Adults 25-54.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was George Stephanopoulos’ guest. George Stephanopoulos is the anchor of “This Week” and Ian Cameron is the executive producer. The program airs Sundays on the ABC Television Network.

(Week of May June 1, 2009)

TOTAL VIEWERS A25-54 MM/Rtg

ABC “THIS WEEK”            3,110,000           1,050,000/.9

NBC “MEET THE PRESS”           ***                  ***

CBS “FACE THE NATION”      2,490,000             780,000/.6

FOX “FOX NEWS SUNDAY”      1,360,000             550,000/.4

Source: NTI

ABC News Media Relations: Emily Lenzner 202.222.6896 / Alison Bridgman 212.456.1578

— ABC —

Category: '
Posted by:TV By The Numbers

blog comments powered by Disqus