|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.0/3||0.6/2||0.6/2||0.6/2||0.3/1||x|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.267||2.499||2.210||2.812||1.050||x|
CBS was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On NBC, The Biggest Loser matched its last original’s (non-special) series low-tying 0.9 adults 18-49 rating. Bad Judge scored a 0.5, down six tenths from its last original’s 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. A to Z earned a 0.4, down four tenths from its last original’s 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, The Taste earned a series low 0.7, down a tenth from its last original’s series low 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, January 1 2015 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00PM||CBS||The Big Bang Theory -R||1.7||5||8.10|
|NBC||The Biggest Loser||0.9||3||3.49|
|ABC||The Taste (8-10PM)||0.7||2||2.69|
|CW||iHeartRadio Music Festival -R||0.3||1||1.05|
|9:00PM||CBS||Two and a Half Men-R||0.9||3||5.00|
|9:30PM||CBS||The McCarthys -R||0.7||2||3.92|
|NBC||A to Z||0.4||1||1.32|
|10:00 PM||CBS||Elementary -R||0.6||2||4.07|
|ABC||How to Get Away With Murder -R||0.5||1||2.12|
via NBC press note:–
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.7/4 with an encore telecast; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 1.6/3 with an encore; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.4/3 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.6/2 with an encore; “Late Show,” 0.2/1 with an encore; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.5/2 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.0/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/1 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (0.8/2 in metered-market households with an encore) trailed CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (0.9/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.3/1 in 18-49 with an encore) topped “Late Late Show” (0.2/1 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.5/2 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.1/1 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.