|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.4/5||1.4/5||1.3/5||0.9/3||0.6/2||0.2/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||0.9/4||1.3/6||0.8/3||0.6/3||0.4/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.48||3.61||4.51||4.45||2.04||0.527|
CBS and Univision tied for number one among adults 18-49, but CBS led with total viewers.
Note: NBC and ABC were preempted in Jacksonville and Chicago, respectively for preseason NFL. Ratings for these networks may be inflated as a result.
On CBS, Big Brother earned a 2.2, down a tenth from last week’s 2.3 adults 18-49 rating.
On NBC the finale of Last Comic Standing scored a 1.4, up four tenths from last week’s 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX, Gang Related earned a 0.7 up a tenth from last week’s 0.6 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, The Quest matched last week’s 0.6 adults 18-49 rating. Rookie Blue scored a 1.0, up two tenths from last week’s 0.8 adults 18-49 rating. NY Med matched last week’s 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Thursday, August 14, 2014 (All Ratings Live + Same Day)
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00PM||CBS||The Big Bang Theory -R||1.5||7||7.67|
|NBC||Hollywood Game Night -R||1.0||4||3.79|
|FOX||Sleepy Hollow -R||0.4||2||1.73|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries -R||0.2||1||0.54|
|NBC||Last Comic Standing (9-11PM)||1.4||5||4.87|
|CW||The Originals -R||0.2||1||0.52|
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
· In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 3.1/8; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 1.4/4 with an encore; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.7/4 with an encore.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.4/7; “Late Show,” 0.4/2 with an encore; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.5/2 with an encore.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.0/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.5/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (0.8/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2 with an encore).
· At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.8/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.