Ugly Betty’s move to Wednesday night produced just a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating (compared to its Friday average of 1.23). That’s less than what Eastwick (1.7 rating) averaged in the timeslot and will not save the show from cancellation.
CBS’ reality special I Get That A Lot scored a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating. Nice for a reality special, but down 15% from its first airing on 4/1/09. The People Choice Awards were chosen by more adults 18-49 this year, and the most since 2006, rising 13% to a 3.4 rating from last season’s 3.0 rating.
A special The Middle at 8pm scored just a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, but in its regular 8:30 timeslot the show earned a 2.7 rating, up 13% from its last original regular timeslot episode and a new season high if it holds up in the finals. Either way, a good omen for renewal. Modern Family was up 5% from its last original episode to a 4.1 rating. Cougar Town was way up (18%) from its last original telecast to a 3.3 rating.
NBC’s Mercy sank to a 1.7 rating, down 6% from its last regular telecast and tieing its lowest rated telecast ever. Free from Criminal Minds competition, Law & Order: SVU jumped 39% to a 3.2 rating compared to its last original telecast, hitting a season high. The Jay Leno Show nearly tied Ugly Betty with a 1.5 rating, which was in line with its Wednesday average.
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00||CBS||I Get That A Lot||2.8||8||8.644|
|CW||One Tree Hill (repeat)||0.4||1||1.069|
|8:30||CBS||I Get That A Lot||3.0||8||8.351|
|CW||One Tree Hill (repeat)||0.3||1||0.720|
|CBS||People’s Choice Awards||3.2||8||10.371|
|NBC||Law & Order: SVU||2.9||7||10.161|
|CW||Gossip Girl (repeat)||0.2||0||0.494|
|9:30||NBC||Law & Order: SVU||3.4||9||11.491|
|CBS||People’s Choice Awards||3.3||8||10.359|
|CW||Gossip Girl (repeat)||0.2||1||0.480|
|10:00||CBS||People’s Choice Awards||3.8||10||11.781|
|NBC||The Jay Leno Show||1.6||4||5.459|
|10:30||CBS||People’s Choice Awards||3.4||10||10.465|
|NBC||The Jay Leno Show||1.5||4||4.945|
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2009 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a World Series game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs which are currently in approximately 24.4% of all U.S. TV households. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.
For more information see Numbers 101.