The game averaged 29.8 million, the primetime (7pm on) portion of the game averaged 39 million viewers. The game was the second most-watched Sunday regular season game on FOX ever…
via FOX Sports press release:
ALMOST 30 MILLION VIEWERS WITNESS FAVRE’S RETURN TO GREEN BAY
Second Most-Watched Sunday NFL on FOX Game Ever;
Game Sets Several Other Milestones
NFL’s Game of the Year & Thrilling World Series Game 4 Combine to Deliver
FOX’s Best Sunday Night since 2008 Super Bowl
Driven by the highly-anticipated Vikings-Packers match-up which featured the return of Brett Favre to Green Bay, Sunday’s NFL National Game on FOX posted a huge 17.4/32 average household ratings/share, with 29.8 million viewers to set many impressive benchmarks for FOX Sports, including:
- Ranks as FOX’s second most-watched NFL Sunday telecast ever (most-watched ever was 32.1 mill. on 11/12/95 for SF-DAL)
- Ranks as the highest-rated telecast on any network since the Academy Awards back in February (20.6/31, 36.3 million)
- Ranks as the highest-rated and most-watched NFL Sunday telecast on any network since12/9/07 on CBS
- Sunday’s Prime portion of the telecast peaked at an astounding 22.2/37 averaging nearly 39 million viewers
- Sunday’s game is up +26% over last year’s comparable 13.8/27 (22.3 million)
In addition, FOX’s NFL post-game show, THE OT posted a strong 9.8/16, with 16.6 million viewers to rank as the most-watched and second highest-rated telecast ever since the program premiered in 2006.
The succession of FOX’s NFL overrun, THE OT, MLB Pre-Game, and Game 4 of the 2009 World Series delivered FOX a fantastic 13.7/22 household rating for the night, averaging just over 23.3 million viewers, ranking as FOX’s highest-rated and most-watched Sunday night since the 2008 Super Bowl, and ranks as the highest-rated and most-watched Sunday night on any network since the Academy Awards back in February.