via press release:
TBS Delivers More Than 7 Million Total Viewers For Network’s Exclusive Coverage of ALDS Game Four of Yankees-Tigers Series and is Most-Watched LDS Game Since 2007
TBS and TNT’s Overlapping Evening Coverage Averages More Than 9 Million Total Viewers on Tuesday
TBS and TNT’s exclusive coverage of Major League Baseball’s (MLB) League Division Series (LDS) featured a four-game slate including a primetime match-up in Game 4 between the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers that delivered 7,012,000 total viewers, up + 16% and a 4.6 U.S. Household rating, up +18% over coverage of Game 3. The match-up was the most-watched LDS game since 2007 (Yankees-Indians Game 4, 9,232,000 total viewers).
The networks of Turner Sports (TBS and TNT) exclusively aired all four LDS games on Tuesday with the two networks averaging 4,001,000 million viewers, up +9 % over comparable coverage of Day 5 in 2010. With coverage of TBS’s Yankees-Tigers Game 4, a 10-1 New York victory (8:30 PM-12:00 AM ET), and TNT’s Brewers-Diamondbacks Game 3, an 8-1 Arizona win (9:30 PM-12:45 AM ET), overlapping each other, the aggregate audience on the two networks totaled 9,065,000 total viewers and a 5.7 U.S. HH rating.
Last night, the Turner Networks featured:
- The series-clinching Game 4 between the Tampa Bay Rays and Texas Rangers (TBS, 2:00 PM), which delivered 2,228,0000 total viewers and a 1.7 U.S. HH rating, up + 13% (1.5 U.S HH rating in 2010) from the same match-up a year ago.
- Game 3 between the Philadelphia Phillies and St. Louis Cardinals (TBS, 5:00 PM), which delivered 4,617,000 total viewers and a 3.1 U.S. HH rating, up + 19 % ( 2.6 U.S HH rating in 2010 for Day 5 San Francisco-Atlanta Game 3, Sunday 8:00 PM).
- Game 3 between the Milwaukee Brewers and Arizona Diamondbacks (TNT, 9:30 PM), which delivered 2,107,000 total viewers and a 1.2 U.S. HH rating.
The games on TBS and TNT delivered the following in their local DMA’s:
- New York DMA averaged a 15.2 Household rating
- Detroit DMA averaged a 22.7 Household rating
- Dallas-Fort Worth averaged a 7.8 Household rating
- Tampa/St. Pete market averaged a 10.6 Household rating
- Philadelphia market averaged a 21.6 Household rating
- St. Louis market averaged a 20.4 Household rating
- Milwaukee market averaged a 17.2 Household rating
- Phoenix market averaged an 11.3 Household rating
TBS is the exclusive television home of all four of Major League Baseball’s League Division Series (LDS) and the National League Championship Series (NLCS).
Wednesday, Oct. 5 Games on TBS include:
- Philadelphia Phillies at St. Louis Cardinals, Game 4 (6:00 PM ET)
- Milwaukee Brewers at Arizona Diamondbacks, Game 4 (9:30 PM ET)
Thursday, Oct. 6 Game on TBS Includes:
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees, Game 5 (8:00 PM ET)
Source: Based on Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day Fast Nationals , DMA’s based on Metered Markets