Highlights from the CW press conference call:
- DC Legends of Tomorrow and Containment will launch in January or February start. The CW has not decided what their timeslots will be
- DC Legends of Tomorrow will have crossovers with The Flash and Arrow.
- CW president Mark Pedowitz laughed off rumors about Constantine moving to the CW saying, “There’s also a rumor around that I will go play in the NBA.”
- The 100 will launch in midseason, though there is no timeslot or premiere date yet. Pedowitz is hopeful that having the entire series available on Netflix will allow new viewers to discover it and get caught up by the tie of the premiere. Citing the show’ critical acclaim he said he hopes the show will “have its Breaking Bad moment,” referring to the way Breaking Bad built its fanbase via people streaming the show between seasons.
- Reign will move to Fridays because Fridays are an older-skewing night that may be a better fit for the show and, “it was getting handled pretty heavily by Scandal.”
- Despite the departure of star Nina Dobrev the network has no plans to end The Vampire Diaries. Said Pedowitz, “We had a show run 11 years based on two brothers called Supernatural.”
- The Winchester brothers of Supernatural are also likely to stick around for a while. According to Pedowitz, “As long as the ratings hold and the boys want to do it, we’re in…We have no intention of this being its last season.”
- Though it was not listed on the new schedule, there will be new episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway in midseason